Who owned this LS1 f-body

Zeppelin

Apparently some dumbass with shit like this

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/240/180/images/2009/8/29/267/296/12868952106.267296917.IM1.09.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

and this

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2009/8/29/267/296/12868952108.267296917.IM1.11.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

and I thought my engine bay looked half assed, at least I don't have that decal.

Ya, it needs a little cleanup, but it has a WICKED cam, AFR heads, headers, etc. The nitrous needs cleaned up or removed completely, but the car is done pretty well. Lots of suspension goodies underneath too.

I dont know if he was a COFBA member. Only one guy I can think of that had a black WS6, and I can't remember the name.

I posted because I want to track the owner down and get some history, find out what is done internally, get cam specs, etc.

.......and its now in MY driveway. :)

Larry,

We talked on the phone earlier, (good to hear from you again)I know the car now, and I can give you the information on it. He is a member on this forum. Give me a call back when you get more free time, and I can give you specifics.

And Cordell...That car was completed in 2006, to client specs, switches, and placement. That car does run real strong ( I mean 10s are good.. ), and it has been since 2006, sticker and all :)

Regards

-Brandon

I didn't pay NEAR what they were asking. I'm very happy. ;)

Brandon. Ya, I called Mark a little while ago and your crew was in the truck with him and they said you guys did the car and it was done right. PM me with a time you will be in tomorrow, if you will, and I'll give a call or even stop by and get the info. I'm pretty stoked about it. Has a couple issues, but nothing major. I think it needs retuned as it is kind of hard starting, especially when hot (might be due to the trunk mounted battery, not sure) and it hunts for idle allot when cold. Other than that it feels REAL strong.

I do have to quiet it down a little though. ;)

Dude, I AM old...........I am nearing the top of the 50 hill, so its just cool that I'm still into it.

This car has long tubes, a full exhaust, and NO muffler at all. Its pretty loud!

holy crap you are old well i tip my hat to you for not being the typical odl guy an buying a corvette. ha i guessssss you coudl always throw a full exhaust an a cutout on it. well enjoy the car there ... there is a track day next week...:bangbang:

Apparently some dumbass with shit like this

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/240/180/images/2009/8/29/267/296/12868952106.267296917.IM1.09.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

and this

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2009/8/29/267/296/12868952108.267296917.IM1.11.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

and I thought my engine bay looked half assed, at least I don't have that decal.

WTF duct tape??? really wtf.

??

Ya, the lid was a little up in the back, out of the holders, with the latches duct taped shut. Thats fixed.

Its already setup with a cutout cap. I want to put a Hooker muffler on the current setup, and all will be good.

Dont think I'll run it next Friday. I'll be there. Want to get familiar with the car for awhile before I turn it loose on the track.

Guest Removed
raising up the airbox like that on an ls1 f-body used to net close to 15hp at the wheels if I remember right who cares what it looks like if it works

only because it was duct-tape brand tape. you use anything else, and its only 7-10 hp

Guest Removed
Ya, the lid was a little up in the back, out of the holders, with the latches duct taped shut. Thats fixed.

Its already setup with a cutout cap. I want to put a Hooker muffler on the current setup, and all will be good.

Dont think I'll run it next Friday. I'll be there. Want to get familiar with the car for awhile before I turn it loose on the track.

:wtf:

what better way to get familiar with the car then to take it down the track.

:wtf:

what better way to get familiar with the car then to take it down the track.

Ya, I knew I would get some shit for that statement. Gotta remember, last time I was at the track, I left pieces all over it. Not a situation I am in any hurry to repeat.

Guest Removed
Ya, I knew I would get some shit for that statement. Gotta remember, last time I was at the track, I left pieces all over it. Not a situation I am in any hurry to repeat.

its racing, it happens

:(

http://nurkvinny.com/images/CR/Norwalk_Fall_2003%20%288%29.JPG

Here's some irony for ya. Look at the rims on my '94 here, then look at the rims on the car I just picked up. I may have actually gotten those rims back with different tires. I bought them used from a COFBA member, then sold them shortly after the clutch explosion.