John Force a cheater ?

clone

+1. It happens at all levels of motorsport...From F1 to NASCAR to NHRA now. Every time you see a NASCAR race with two drivers from the same team up front one will move over for the other to give them 5 points to lead a lap.

"Cheat" is a tough word to use in this situation. I like the way NHRA was calling it manipulation but they way it was carried out it's impossible to proove.

Dispite the personality he's well known for he's a very good business man and knows the benefits of having all 4 of his teams in the race for the championship.

This has been going on for a long time in NHRA. They used to play it up in Pro Stock all the time when Warren and Kurt would race each other. If I were in John's position and it was make or break for one of my drivers to make it in to the last spot then I would do the same thing. Tony was just mad because his brother got put out of the countdown and Ashley beat Tony.

The only thing the NHRA can do to get rid of this is to get rid of teams. While drag racing is mainly an individual sport, as long as you have teams, you are going to have team efforts.

i like john force, allways have. but, that being said, he cheated, plain and simple. i understand the TEAM strategy but if you have someone that cant produce, you get rid of them. meaning, robert sucked all year and it took his team to cheat to get him in the running for the championship. how well do you think hes going to do for the rest of the year? i do think that robert is a talented driver but ever1 has there moments. so, i personally think, along with alot of other people, john force cheated!

Anytime there are sponsorships it is no longer a sport and it's a business.

I am sorry, i like OSU but there is a reason that they always go to a decent bowl game, money.

If jon force just loved to race he would be doing just that, racing. Not running entire teams, there is a reason he is running a huge team. He is a smart business man like him or not.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying.

It is not cheating, it is bending the rules to fit your needs!

This is team racing either don't allow multi car teams, live with it, kill yourself.

Tony is pissed because he was on the losing end of the deal. Maybe if he was not a dick like his brother he would still have a ride with force.

That is really stupid that they blamed him partially b/c of lane choice, his daughter won on the right lane, he personally had a bad experience in the left. Like he said, why would you run the lane that you aren't winning in? Silly, he is just pissed he got beat by his daughter...

It seem's that Tony was just a little over the top and I am pretty sure if the choice was his to make Cruz would have made the countdown. John Force has been a big promoter of NHRA and Ford as well as the rest of his sponsors. It just seemed a little out character for NHRA drivers and owners to be so vocal. Pressure has to be immense on Tony from his sponsors to be in the chase from a financial standpoint.

I just thought the whole incident was very interesting from a fans point of view.