1000 hp Camaro Dyno

Mike Ward Racing

Yesterday, we had the opportunity to dyno a Turbo Charged 2000 Camaro owned by Dave Underwood. Pat Barnhill did most of the tuning using an onboard Big Stuff 3 stand alone computer. Although the power was outstanding at over 1000 hp (I think the dyno sheet I printed off only shows 986) and 750 ft lbs of torque at 7000 rpm, Pat and I both feel that the car has more potential. Due to a glitch with the Big Stuff 3, we were not able to pull past 7000 rpm safely. The computer is being pulled off and sent back for repair. As you can see from the graphs it was continuing to make power.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/mxward1/033.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/mxward1/031.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/mxward1/2000camaro001.jpg

I KNOW Dave's car has much more potential. I've known that car since it was still a regular street car and the pains he's gone through to get it to this point.

Lemme know next time he's up this way, I'll come by.

I'll let u know, but until then you're welcome to stop by anytime

ps. It will someday soon make a lot more.

We have done some work on that car for Dave :), been here a bunch. Its a nice car.

-Brandon

I think he mentioned that to Mike. He seemed really pleased with the work you guys did. It is a really nice car. The pictures don't really do the paint job justice, in my opinion.

I assume that was with the 106 not the 114 he has for it. When you consider the car has a BILLET dart LSx block in it and a big turbo those numbers are quite week. I guess Lutz was wrong when he posted Dave would be at door wars tomorrow. Poor Dave has been fighting issues with that car from day one :(

Dave and Patrick both were up at Norwalk friday night. I did not see Dave make a pass but Patrick went like 9.xx something but he was banging away on the keyboard of the laptop most of the time trying to figure it out.

I talked to Dave and he mentioned that he thinks the problem is in the coil packs

Someone took pics of the Door Wars on here, and Dave's car is in a couple.

He just needs to throw some truck coil packs on there and call it a day.

its much deeper then that, when your making that much power and that much rpm, a lot of people are having problems with spark.

ohio boys had the same problem, so did guys from stenod, and others runnign in the 7's.

guys with distributes are of coarse immune, so after your making 1500rwhp everyone is starting to think to switch to a distributor setup.

BS3 is also looking into the problems.

some have kind of fixed it by changing the dwell time, as they have found that if they are running a 16v system and set it to long it burns out part of the board on the BS3.