Engagement Ring Help

konig_twinkies

depending on color and clarity.

Uh, it depends on the shape, cut, color, and clarity, but for a good stone that's a decent price.

Pretty sure I did say that. :asshole: Shape was the same also.

I just looked at bluenile.com and a 1.0 carat E color, VS1 and ideal cut was about 5k. Looks like thats what I will get. I wanted something more towards 1.25 or 1.5, but I don't want to sacrifice the color, cut or clarity. Oh well, it will look great on her white gold solitare band.

You said:

I just went there a few days ago, and even their sales prices were ridiculously high. A solitaire 1 carat was $4,500:eek: What a joke. That same diamond at Jared is like 2-3k depending on color and clarity.

So you said Jarad's prices range from 2-3k depending on cut and clarity. And you said $4500 for a one caret solitaire was a joke.

You didn't say "$4500 is reasonable depending on cut and clarity."

Don't call me an asshole for actually reading what you typed.

You said:

So you said Jarad's prices range from 2-3k depending on cut and clarity. And you said $4500 for a one caret solitaire was a joke.

You didn't say "$4500 is reasonable depending on cut and clarity."

Don't call me an asshole for actually reading what you typed.

I understand what I typed, thought it made sense, but I see that it is a bit confussing.

Your right, should have been more clear. And the asshole character is smilling, because it was a joke. :)

Ended up going out and looking again this past Friday and she ended up changing the style she liked. I am planning on finalizing the order this upcoming Friday, its very nice and she absolutely loves it. I will post it up once I get it Edited by konig_twinkies

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.bluenile.com/landing.jsp?land=engagement3&gclid=CNS2xfrit50CFUdM5QodCDmYiQ&rf=pd

^ AWESOME PRICES from what I'e been told they kick ass and are unbeatable. I also would consider getting a lab made diamond. As in one of the new ones that even a jewler can't tell the difference. They cost much less and have BAD ASS clarify with 0 blemishes most of the time. Save some money and have a awesome looking ring.

Debeers has been fucking the industry for a long time. Diamonds are not worth jack diddly honestly they only cost so much because of debeers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Beers

Since you decided to take the route of shopping for a ring with her....You must get what she picked out. If this were a surprise...you could create threads like this. Too late.

Edit: Nice purchase. What you end up putting out?