For all you movie downloader/burners congrats...blockbuster to close 1000 stores

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job on taking down a major movie retailer. Now theres more peple flooding the already saturated job market.

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/331218/Blockbuster-Closing-Hundreds-More-Stores-Than-Planned?tickers=bbi,nflx,cmcsa,twc,goog

Keep stealing boys/girls!!

Are you an idiot? Seriously.

I was a Blockbuster Total Access member for quite a while, and gave them plenty of cash. I left them for Netflix because their service was poor.

How does my burning of movies have ANY impact on their ability to make money? I don't download because it's hard to find good quality downloads that are ripped the way I want them ripped.

Please explain. :)

Netflicks is teh awesome sauce because I can stream most of my movies in my queue to my xbox 360. My fat ass doesn't even have to leave the couch to walk to my mail box. Oh yes teh winnar is here.

Hold on while I queue up the box set of Hasslehoff and knight rider funnies.

Not to beat a dead horse, but in addition to Netflix and other superior DVD-getting alternatives, on-demand movies, DVRs, and the internet all played a role. 15 years ago, you could either play nintendo or go get a movie if you were bored with your friends and wanted to stay in, nowadays TV is way better and people are content to sit on the internet and facebook and WoW and shit.

Now, I canceled my Netflix account because I was sick of dealing with scratched DVDs and piracy just seemed easier. Chew on that.

Fuck all of them, I download HD movies straight from iTunes on my AppleTV Why would I need to wait for media? Or return media, or pay a late fee for media. I have a broadband connection. Blockbuster is losing out because of the legal download sites.

Sort of on topic: Has your AppleTV service gone down the drain? I did some researching (I nearly bought one to hack) and Apple has really given up on it. The service has apparently gotten slower and the devices are without new features.

Fuck all of them, I download HD movies straight from iTunes on my AppleTV Why would I need to wait for media? Or return media, or pay a late fee for media. I have a broadband connection. Blockbuster is losing out because of the legal download sites.

Blu Ray > Apple Compressed downloaded crap.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. Like its our fault. Blockbuster charges too much when you can rent movies elsewhere for much less or netflix will bring them to my door.

Dollar Vending machine on my way out of the grocery store vs. 7+ dollar movie at blockbuster....

/thread

Sort of on topic: Has your AppleTV service gone down the drain? I did some researching (I nearly bought one to hack) and Apple has really given up on it. The service has apparently gotten slower and the devices are without new features.

They haven't updated the firmware in forever yes, but new content to watch is always on there. I like mine for what I use it for, play music through my home theater, see pics on a big screen, HD movies, kid shows my daughter watches over and over. Apple has stated the device is a "hobby" for apple.

Good job on taking down a major movie retailer. Now theres more peple flooding the already saturated job market.

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/331218/Blockbuster-Closing-Hundreds-More-Stores-Than-Planned?tickers=bbi,nflx,cmcsa,twc,goog

Keep stealing boys/girls!!

http://www.forumspile.com/You-Are-Fucking_Retard.gif

Says the person who has most likely never even used an AppleTV before. :o

So you are telling me that this Apple TV with its what, 4 Gig files, look just as good as a 40GB Blu-Ray movie. RIGHT....

FYI, I know exactly what a 40 GB movie looks like compressed down to 4GB, and it isn't the same by any means.

The rest of what you described the Apple TV thing does, I do the same (and more) with my PS3.