New Crash Test System

wagner

In many cases they test "base models" of vehicles, which often include less safety features than their higher scale counterparts so their figures have always been irrelevant to me. I value real life testimonies of the car from actual owners > them.

You sure about that? I've seen results of some cars that have optional side curtain bags and those were tested twice. Once with the side curtains, and once without. The addition of the curtain earned the car an additional star or two in side impact tests. Also, I have a cousin that was in an accident without his seatbelt on and he was unharmed. After that he refused to wear his seat belt, claiming that he would be injuresd if he was wearing it. Would you take his testimony and apply it to your personal safety? Fuck no. The reality is most of the public is clueless as to what's 'good' and 'bad' and have a very narrow scope of knowledge to reference. They don't test 10's or 100's of cars per year. Maybe they were in an accident once in the last 8 years and buy a car every 5 years, which means they really have no clue what they're talking about.

Will these tests influence what I buy for a daily driver for my wife/faimily/myself? Definitely. I'm not saying I would buy the highest scoring car out there, but if I have 3 cars on my mind and one scored poorly it would be knocked off my list.

You never know when and where an accident is going to happen. You just hope that when/if it does that you and your family aren't left with lasting injuries.