Opinions needed

ericsarge

I plan to get a job at a hospital in the cbus area, and would like to hear what people think of them. I've looked into several, and some seem better than others from a professional stand point. I'm interested in the patients' perspective of the entire mulitdisciplinary team (dr's, nurses, rt, pt, etc). I dont want to work for a company that does not treat patients well or is frowned on by the public. All opinions welcome.

My wife works at Riverside as an RN. She loves it. She has friends that work at OSU, they love it. There are different benefits and pay between hospitals as well. OSU is a state hospital, so it has better benefits and retirement and such (from what I remember my wife saying), but that wasn't enough for her to switch to OSU.

You also have to keep in mind that most people are not satisfied with their hospital stays. Most people are ass holes that expect a hospital to be a HOTEL, with nurses being the waiters/bitches. People are crazy when it comes to their loved ones being ill or hurt, and act like complete dicks, thinking people aren't working hard enough or just don't care.

My wife has told me countless stories of horrible patients and families, and so has her friends that work at OSU.

I have known some friends that have worked at different hospitals all around Central Ohio. Pretty much it was always the same crap, different day. Sounds just like about any other job.

x1000000000

Don't expect this thread to be anything than people bitching about their experiences. Its the luck of the draw when you go to the hospital. You could get stuck with the 1 bad nurse/aid/doctor that day out of the entire hospital, and you will hate that hospital because of it.

Sorry to shit in your thread, just kind of a dumb thread.

I have a ton of friends that are nurses. Basically everything I have heard is that the Hospitals in Columbus are like this

1a. OhioHealth System

1b. OSU System

3. Unemployed

4. Mount Carmel System

Thanks for the feedback so far. I did'nt think it was a dumb thread...just wanted to hear what others think. I'm an RN, and as far as im concerned, Ohiohealth (Riverside, Grant) have the number one employee satisfaction in Ohio, and number two in the nation. I've considered OSU for benefits, but am unsure if it's what I want. I am expecting the bad right along with the good; It comes with the job.

My wife works at Riverside as an RN. She loves it. She has friends that work at OSU, they love it. There are different benefits and pay between hospitals as well. OSU is a state hospital, so it has better benefits and retirement and such (from what I remember my wife saying), but that wasn't enough for her to switch to OSU.

You also have to keep in mind that most people are not satisfied with their hospital stays. Most people are ass holes that expect a hospital to be a HOTEL, with nurses being the waiters/bitches. People are crazy when it comes to their loved ones being ill or hurt, and act like complete dicks, thinking people aren't working hard enough or just don't care.

My wife has told me countless stories of horrible patients and families, and so has her friends that work at OSU.

x1000000000

Don't expect this thread to be anything than people bitching about their experiences. Its the luck of the draw when you go to the hospital. You could get stuck with the 1 bad nurse/aid/doctor that day out of the entire hospital, and you will hate that hospital because of it.

Sorry to shit in your thread, just kind of a dumb thread.

I bet if your wife was on her death bed in the hospital you would be on edge a little bit too. He asked about the hospitals not how patients act.