wanted: t45 transmission

jeffro

cracked at 155 in my buddies stang. he drove it till it locked up. top of the case from the shifter area down is cracked. its sitting in the shot right now in hilliard. ill ask him. he would probaly just let you have it to get it out of his way.

if its seized up im not going to worry about it. ill figure something out

brian, i baught a steeda tri-ax short throw shifter for it about 3 weeks ago. i noticed a verrrryyy slight grind in third if i tried to shift fast shortly after i received the transmission. i overlooked it. also i think my clutch has something to do with it. if i try to put it in third or fourth, theres nothing there.

Sounds like you broke the 3rd to 4th shift fork. It shouldn't be that bad to fix.

Sounds like you broke the 3rd to 4th shift fork. It shouldn't be that bad to fix.

This guy would know. I can't tell you how many of these he has broken over the years in different cars. Cheap ass pieces that don't like abuse. I broke the 3-4 fork in my old style TKO and put in a much better piece that JPC sold at the time. No more broken fork. Good thing is the newer style TKO's have a much better fork setup. I hear man-whoring can get you the cash you need :). If you ask Dan(90Gt) nicely, he might be able to help you out.

• 3 months later...

damn I cant believe the tranny's you go though, thats crazy. I just had a t56 swap again out of that 03 cobra I got and let it go for $1000 for everything.

After seeing your results, I cannot believe my gt hasnt blown out the stock tranny

Guest Removed

that halon trans is a deal jeffro..i pmd him for you, and he posted his email for you to get ahold of him. its still in the car tho...so get with him on the rest of it

your welcome

thanks rob, ive been trying to work a deal with him that we can both agree on. i did a little digging and found out that hanlon motorsports did not actually do the rebuilt. all they did was sold him the parts for the rebuild. he baught 2 things from them. a 26 spline input shaft, and the rebuild kit. who did rebuild is unknown to me at this point. do you know much about the hanlon rebuild kits? are they pretty beefy?

damn I cant believe the tranny's you go though, thats crazy. I just had a t56 swap again out of that 03 cobra I got and let it go for $1000 for everything.

After seeing your results, I cannot believe my gt hasnt blown out the stock tranny

aw your kidding! i gave up on finding a t-56 for cheap as im running out of time. everyday this thing gets worse and worse.

Guest Removed
thanks rob, ive been trying to work a deal with him that we can both agree on. i did a little digging and found out that hanlon motorsports did not actually do the rebuilt. all they did was sold him the parts for the rebuild. he baught 2 things from them. a 26 spline input shaft, and the rebuild kit. who did rebuild is unknown to me at this point. do you know much about the hanlon rebuild kits? are they pretty beefy?

so it wasnt built by hanlon, and how much is looking looking to get out of it..

id ask him to take you for a ride in it, so you can make sure theres no grinds or any thing like that in it.

that or talk to matt(ls2nv) on buckeye there. guy knows his shit, and normally knows just about every thing trans wise.