Import vs domestic

boosted98gst

I Seen the post about the big race down in Maryland every year. I see it brings huge crowds and cars from all over. What I want to know is how come they do not something up like this around here for some good old racing? This is not to start this is better then that thread, but a serious question. I think it would be just plain old fun to have some rival racing.

There just simply aren't enough fast cars in the midwest to make an event on that scale happen. The concentration of fastest cars are in the northeast and Atlantic state regions (at least the imports I'm speaking of).

The turnout for Import Face off at NTR this year was up from years past but it is still pathetic compared to most of their other venues. I'm surprised every year that I see Columbus reappear on their schedule.

I've done the Import Vs Domestic Shootout called Winged Warrior in Indianapolis. It's a charity event for the childrens hospital held at Oreilly Raceway Park. It is comprised of drag, autoX, and car show. There are usually shops like Buschur and AMS that come out for the import side and compete, but no shops that specialize in domestics.

http://www.wingedwarrior.org/

No Canada does not equal Americia. Americia is some girl whos parents debated on names like Freniqua and Ironisha before choosing Americia.

Then my 91 honda civic with the sticker in the door that said "Made in Canada" is a domestic car.

LOL,

Back on topic. It would be fun to have a track event and actually organize who races who. Everyone races 4 or 5 times and in the end a winner is declared based on the number of wins. We would have to go by the origin of the car rather than where they were built but it could be fun. A few evos's against lsx'ers, big turbo hondas against those fast mopars that were out there, a neon vs. an electric scooter.. oh yeah!

Are all of our fast bikes imports?

Who gives a shit... this argument is gay which is why I was making fun of it.

Yeah its not an argument, ohio drag racing is pathetic compared to other states. I was just wishing that ohio had an event that brought out EVeryone in the car scene into one big race. This thread was not to bash or bring up the cars orgin.

Because cars that are claimed to be imports are actually made here (DSM's) and cars that are claimed to be domestics are made in other countries, like Canada (f-body's) so its a stupid argument.

This is excatly what I did not or was not trying to bring up. I was in no way worried about this. I was just saying ohio's car scene sucks ass, if we had enough fast cars it would be easy to set up huge events like AL, MD, NY,NJ

Fixed. There are plenty of fast cars and big events in Ohio. The import scene is mostly a joke, though.

You must not really know but Ohio prolly has the fastest import drag cars in the US. we have tons of 7-8-9 second imports in ohio, its just getting them to race . That's why like maryland all our fast imports go down there to race because of how good the outcome of the show always is. I mean look at the DSM vs SUBI shootout or the DSM shootout , there are more single digit cars at that events then members on this board and thats in ohio with alot alot of ohio cars, then you get a NTR Event and its horrible.