Ford Explorer Leaf Spring Mounts

KennyFKINPowerz

I have a friend who has a 90's Explorer, (not exactly sure on the year). He said his rear suspension is making noise so I climbed under it and his rear leaf spring mounts are rusted almost completely out. I mean he is about a speed bump away from losing them. From what I hear this is a common problem. Does anyone have any experience with these? He wants to get it done ASAP.

i have fixed a few of them. not fun really. the old mounts need cut out, and you can mount the new ones it with grade 8 hardware.

have him call the shop, or drop it off. he's looking about 225 plus parts on that. not sure if the parts would have to be ordered or if there in stock(there are a few different ones). but i will need his vin to get the proper mounts ordered.

i have fixed a few of them. not fun really. the old mounts need cut out, and you can mount the new ones it with grade 8 hardware.

have him call the shop, or drop it off. he's looking about 225 plus parts on that. not sure if the parts would have to be ordered or if there in stock(there are a few different ones). but i will need his vin to get the proper mounts ordered.

I gave him your #.

Ive never seen mount issue? Rob? Ive had to replace many shackles though.

it was the shackles. i thinking of the mounts from the broncos and f trucks.i had just done a few sets on a landspacers f150's he use's to haul his mowers.