Facepalm email

CRed05

Someone was selling a couple of things I was interest on another forum I'm on, so after a couple of PM's he told me to email him. So I sent him this:

Subject: Cupra Lip/RS4 Knob

Do you have a picture of the shift knob? If its in ok shape I'll take them both, definitely doing the lip.

I also included my screen name on the forum.

Reply from him:

"what exactly did you want again. "

For real dude? Its the fracking title of the email, and i mention both items in the body.

Of course B8 is shaping up to be more awesome than the B5.....

B8 >B5 ? Only time will tell. Stage 1 B8's approaching Stage 3 B5's........

They are most certainly nicer...but turbos will always be better than superchargers in my books. Power wise they are getting into OTS Stage 3 range, but not quite, I dont see them being able to hang with RS6 or greater powered S4's, or even tuned rs4 cars like myself anytime soon.

B8s also weights 3700lbs, thats about 500 more than mine.

1)Remove supercharger

2)Install GT Turbos

3)B8 > B5

They are most certainly nicer...but turbos will always be better than superchargers in my books. Power wise they are getting into OTS Stage 3 range, but not quite, I dont see them being able to hang with RS6 or greater powered S4's, or even tuned rs4 cars like myself anytime soon.

1)Remove supercharger

2)Install GT Turbos

3)B8 > B5

Dude i just want one to DD, and mod minorly with the usual ricer peices parts. BOV, hard pipes and maybe an exhaust

Dude i just want one to DD, and mod minorly with the usual ricer peices parts. BOV, hard pipes and maybe an exhaust

BOV :mad:

Audi's dont like BOV's, aftermarket diverter valves are a must for greater than stock boost. Now are you talking S4 or any turbo audi?

As a DD my car is great, but I feel like its just nice enough, and I've spent enough on it where I should get a different DD.

B5's its pretty much a guarantee that your stock turbos will give out, so if you're not in the mood to pull a motor and spend $5g's on a turbo upgrade, its probably not the car for you. But when you do its totally worth it.

A4 might be more up your ally. Just need to find one thats been taken care of.

1)Remove supercharger

2)Install GT Turbos

3)B8 > B5

For the most part I agree, but let's not even get into:

1. Ease of Modding

2. Reliability

I can't wait to see some A flash/Intake/Exhaust B8 making 450-500 with the s-tronic doing a roll against a "off the shelf" stage3 B5. I think it will shake up the scene.

EDIT: Have you had yours on a scale?, I think the lightest "stock" b5 I've see is a 3300lbs.

;)

Again (I think it was you who said the same # before) where in fuck are you getting 3200lbs from?

Jone's, mine was ~3600lbs full tank of gas, sunroof (standard) and cold weather package. It was an early 2000 so aluminium uprights, not like that would have made much of a difference.

This was on a CALIBRATED scale accurate to .5 lbs.

I think 3600lbs is what they are usually quoted at.

3300lbs is a stretch, maybe a base, non sunroof car with minimum fluids (no gas, no washer fluid), removed spare, on a slightly inaccurate scale. No gas is ~125lbs and no spare or tools I would guess to be 35 lbs? All of that other crap is menial. IIRC the CF sunroof delete kit took out 10 or 20lbs (after market so the stock sheet metal is probably more). Another 8 lbs or so for the gigantic windshield washer reservoir (it's larger than a gallon). Then whatever for no cold weather package, no bose (if that matters) and no disc changer. I can't even guess that weight difference other than saying it's probably not much. I'm going to call that 200lbs being nice about it. There's still 100lbs missing and another 200lbs to what cred think's his car weighs. :confused:

Again (I think it was you who said the same # before) where in fuck are you getting 3200lbs from?

Jone's, mine was ~3600lbs full tank of gas, sunroof (standard) and cold weather package. It was an early 2000 so aluminium uprights, not like that would have made much of a difference.

This was on a CALIBRATED scale accurate to .5 lbs.

I think 3600lbs is what they are usually quoted at.

3300lbs is a stretch, maybe a base, non sunroof car with minimum fluids (no gas, no washer fluid), removed spare, on a slightly inaccurate scale.

Exactely, no spare, 1/8th tank base ass car with swapped seats I think it was 33xx. Cred has gone off the deep end. :p

EDIT: Almost forgot the awesome 55/45 weight distribution (for a nose heavy awd sedan) of the B8. B8 > B5.

Exactely, no spare, 1/8th tank base ass car with swapped seats I think it was 33xx. Cred has gone off the deep end. :p

I'd say high 33xx is plausible. Those seats are heavy as fuck. The sit 8 inches off of the floor (not much room below them) and have airbags in them. That's a big asterisk on that weight not being a stock car.

The only 'stock' weight's that matter, what I consider stock weights, are full tank and empty tank. Then differentiations for trim to see the weight range. Everything else should be stock, including spare. But what do I know? :p

EDIT: Almost forgot the awesome 55/45 weight distribution (for a nose heavy awd sedan) of the B8. B8 > B5.

That's not bad for a FWD based AWD car, B5 S4 is around 60/40 and I'm being nice with that number.

Little forward bias is actually good for a daily driver.

Someone was selling a couple of things I was interest on another forum I'm on, so after a couple of PM's he told me to email him. So I sent him this:

Subject: Cupra Lip/RS4 Knob

Do you have a picture of the shift knob? If its in ok shape I'll take them both, definitely doing the lip.

I also included my screen name on the forum.

Reply from him:

"what exactly did you want again. "

For real dude? Its the fracking title of the email, and i mention both items in the body.

Maybe I've had too much to drink tonight, but if you emailed me about lips, knobs and pictures, I'd have issues with you :p

I've never had my car on a scale, but 2000 S4's weight 3384lbs according to this:http://www.audiworld.com/model/s4/00/00-s4.shtml

So i exaggerated a bit...big whoop wanna fight about it? lol

I remember that someone got theirs down to 2700lbs with some weight mods, not sure what all he did, but ended up running a 10.XX in the 1/4 on k04's.

Video:

BTW not all early 2000 cars had aluminum uprights.

FWD based AWD car? I dunno about that...now the 3000gt I had absolutely FWD based car, but I dunno about quattro. Its a transmission, not a transaxle/transfercase setup. But fuck yeah its front heavy, the whole motor hangs over the front wheels, thank goodness they fixed that in the B8.

I've never had my car on a scale, but 2000 S4's weight 3384lbs according to this:http://www.audiworld.com/model/s4/00/00-s4.shtml

So i exaggerated a bit...big whoop wanna fight about it? lol

I remember that someone got theirs down to 2700lbs with some weight mods, not sure what all he did, but ended up running a 10.XX in the 1/4 on k04's.

Video:

BTW not all early 2000 cars had aluminum uprights.

FWD based AWD car? I dunno about that...now the 3000gt I had absolutely FWD based car, but I dunno about quattro. Its a transmission, not a transaxle/transfercase setup. But fuck yeah its front heavy, the whole motor hangs over the front wheels, thank goodness they fixed that in the B8.

The layout is just about the definition of a FWD based AWD car, that's not necessarily a bad thing. It is what it is and it makes them front heavy. What's a sports car, what's a FWD based AWD car, those are semanitcs and made up terms that we could argue over opinions on. Curb weight is a pretty rigidly definied thing and includes a full tank of fuel. 3384 lbs is a big stretch and I can about guarantee is with no fuel (which is not the definition of curb weight). Sorry, I'm going to trust Edmunds on this one, they have no motive to fib. http://www.edmunds.com/used/2000/audi/s4/1646/specs.html

I'd be willing to put some money on the 3384 being the exact car I said earlier. No sunroof (I'm sure you know this, but sunroof delete was the option and there are very little of those cars), base model (so no added weight of any other options) with no fuel. Again curb weight, what almost everyone talks about when talking about a cars weight, is with a full tank of fuel. Then some other liberties taken, like no spare.

2700lbs is stripping every god damn thing you can get your hands on out of that car.

I didn't know that all early 2000's didn't have aluminium uprights. I was under the impression that every car below some VIN (approximately) was aluminium uprights. At any rate, my car did have aluminium uprights.

Do you want me to go dig up the print off's of my car's weight? Which I do have one without a full tank of fuel (can't remember how much) and 1 with a full tank of fuel. Not that it matters because we know how much fuel weighs and how much the car can hold (hence my ~125lb for fuel comment earlier).

My problem with Edmunds is that they show the same weight for 2002 S4's. But whatever, maybe one day I'll get it on a scale. If I didnt have a sunroof, mine should be on of the lightest production ones since I have the aluminum, no winter package and no ESP...oh and old school badge for optimum weight savings

I think you are right about cars with a certain VIN being aluminum. But I remember it being like the 2001.5, where cars made after that time had the new badge, ESP and other changes to the motor. But some cars would have a new badge, no ESP with all other changes, or some combination of that. Almost like Audi just kinda threw parts on there as it came in stock, or had a random parts bin.

You dont have to go dig it up, I believe you. Just to me, and it seems to be a general acceptance in the S4 community that 3384 was for the early ones, and 35XX or something was for the later ones.

BOV :mad:

Audi's dont like BOV's, aftermarket diverter valves are a must for greater than stock boost. Now are you talking S4 or any turbo audi?

As a DD my car is great, but I feel like its just nice enough, and I've spent enough on it where I should get a different DD.

B5's its pretty much a guarantee that your stock turbos will give out, so if you're not in the mood to pull a motor and spend $5g's on a turbo upgrade, its probably not the car for you. But when you do its totally worth it.

A4 might be more up your ally. Just need to find one thats been taken care of.

Sorry, diverter valve

The A4 would be my option because its cheaper on insurance and probably easier to fix if i wreck it ( I drive a ton for work)