Reasonable amount of time to do swap?

Linc5.0

• 4 months later...
well , if you was stripping the car down to a bare shell, and doing a completely one off build, then yes a year is about right. but if your starting with a rolling car, shouldnt take that long at all....

i almost hate to ask, but whos car in what shop?

Hate like hell to bump an old thread... but just curious if this mystery car was done yet? Another 5 months has passed now...

what would you guys consider a reasonable amount of time to do a swap such as a lsx into a rx7. or 5.0 into something. what is considered a reasonable amount of time for a shop to do this?

As in time to completition or time billed?

My car's been down for almost a month but I had to wait for some things and I made some decision regarding how to repair it. If we had every part we needed for sure sitting in the gargage and where just swapping shortblocks it could be done in a weekend .

But I did allot more then just swap.

Not directed at you Brandon. But yes I heard it runs... Just doesn't stop??? I'll prolly be there to help him put it on trailer tomorrow. For 14k he shouldn't have to pump brakes to stop... Just my opinion tho.

P.s. It's spelled ERIK, Brandon.

Not directed at you Brandon. But yes I heard it runs... Just doesn't stop??? I'll prolly be there to help him put it on trailer tomorrow. For 14k he shouldn't have to pump brakes to stop... Just my opinion tho.

P.s. It's spelled ERIK, Brandon.

I knew that...Sorry (the name deal)

How about this, when you come down (to help) just go over the situation/car with us in person, then you can post back your analysis. :cool:

Regards

I knew that...Sorry (the name deal)

How about this, when you come down (to help) just go over the situation/car with us in person, then you can post back your analysis. :cool:

Regards

believe me I know the situation...ive talked to him every step of the way. I feel like an ass cus I told him to take his car there, and here we are 16 months later....I know its been sitting there cus he had to come up with the rest of the money. but the fact is, he shouldnt have had to spend the money....sometimes business's take a loss, this would have been that situation...but with no business sense over there (again not directed towards you B) he is being forced to pay money that he shouldn't have to spend....the bullet should have been bit by IPS and stepped up and taken care of the situation(ie, the right thing to do)NOT make a guy pay for time spent by IPS figuring out there own fuck ups.

believe me I know the situation...ive talked to him every step of the way. I feel like an ass cus I told him to take his car there, and here we are 16 months later....I know its been sitting there cus he had to come up with the rest of the money. but the fact is, he shouldnt have had to spend the money....sometimes business's take a loss, this would have been that situation...but with no business sense over there (again not directed towards you B) he is being forced to pay money that he shouldn't have to spend....the bullet should have been bit by IPS and stepped up and taken care of the situation(ie, the right thing to do)NOT make a guy pay for time spent by IPS figuring out there own fuck ups.

Fair enough, but honestly Jeff really wasn't involved at all, Mike and Jim have this all taken care off.

Regards