electric fan suggestions

Jimmy Notchback

right now I'm running an old mark VIII fan and my car keeps getting hot. It's pretty old and I want to buy a new one this weekend. Anybody running one of the jegs fans? I've been thinking about getting a junkyard contour fan as well if I can find one.

I'd like to know what people are running and what the results are before I drop the bills.

thanks

mark 8 fan should keep it plenty cool. sure your not having another problem?

mark 8 fan pulls over 3000cfm. and jegs does have some slim fans that pull 2200-2500 cfm.

id stay away from the proform and black magic fans. they only cover 1/2 the radiator

If you need some fan's I have 2 12 inch electric thin fan's that came off my old rb swap, they flow over 3000 cfm, I paid over 200 for them a id like 75 bucks for both of them.

you going to be down this way some time soon? is so i could really use those..lmk

Beat me to it. Possibility his fan is just 'old' and not performing up to snuff? I'm not sure that is possible, just kind of thinking out loud.

oh it is possible. i just wanted him to make double sure it was a fan issue, before spending money on fan('s) and finding out it still does it

I'm not going to be able to get these due to the funds issue, so you should go ahead and get the fans.

cool, i have a few cars here that could use a better setup on them. including mine :ninja:

Rob if you want the fans I will be at ips this week sometime. I could just drop them off. Just to let people know they are dual 12 inch fans that are not connected, I needed non connected fan's that way I was able place them ,because fitment was an issue with my set up. Only reason I am not keeping them is because my new engine set up is going to be a dual pusher set up thats connected to look clean up front.