Jacket question

cavscout73

Not sure I am posting in the right section but here goes..

I just bought an Alpinestars SMK leather jacket. and since in the past I have never really ridden protected properly my question is on proper fit.. and not to mention I was able to get it for 289.00 new!!

I bought a 54/44 jacket size, it is real snug in the sleeves and shoulders , best way I can describe is the old movie tommy boy.. " fat man in a little coat"

although i am not fat hell I am 160 and 5'10"

I have tried one size larger and it feels sloppy, how snug should they be for proper protection?? if I go with the 56/46 it is more comfy but I can easily rotate the elbow armor off to the side and kinda think that I dont want that to happen if I go down..

but I must say the jacket is kinda sexy!!!

progress.gif

Let me ask you this as I'm not familiar with that particular jacket.....Does it have the adjustable straps on the arm so you can cinch the sleeves tighter if you did get the bigger size?

The FieldSheer customer service lady I spoke with last summer about my pants, told me you want it tight, but not too tight, for max protection. I pass this on to you FWIW, as she really knew her stuff ;)

Let me ask you this as I'm not familiar with that particular jacket.....Does it have the adjustable straps on the arm so you can cinch the sleeves tighter if you did get the bigger size?

The FieldSheer customer service lady I spoke with last summer about my pants, told me you want it tight, but not too tight, for max protection. I pass this on to you FWIW, as she really knew her stuff ;)

fieldsheer makes relatively cheap gear however, and they do this by making fewer sizes with more adjustability. A* makes a LOT more sizes with a little bit less adjustability, but you really shouldnt have to adjust it much other than sizing the waist correctly.