Who has Insight Cable? $75 for 1 year, 50 HD Stations, DVR, 15Mb ISP, Phone

SpaceGhost

Has it got any better?

We got an offer from them to come back. We are on the phone with WOW to see if they will match.

We get:

Phone

1 DVR

50HD stations Showtime and Stars

15Mb Internet

$75 a month. 1 year.

Should we switch, $75 is almost half of the 14x.xx we are paying now. :eek:

Edited by Benjamin

Well WOW took $40 off our bill, but that is it. Just counted HD stations with StarsHD I think it is 37. Still thinking of switching. Hmmmmmmm

We have 2 DVRs and a cable card right now. I could get by with just 1 DVR and just 2 regular boxes I think. Funny how WOW can just lop $40 off our bill like it's nothing. My thought is also just do the 1 year thing because I know they will raise it after 1 year. After the year We will do Directv so I can get the NFL Sunday Ticket next year. I paid a buddy to let me watch games over the internet this year using his login to his directv. It's awesome. Their HD count is huge. hmmmm

I have insight, 1 dvr that does not have 2 receivers in it (cant watch a channel while recording a different channel), RR not the turbo edition, and 1 cable hookup in another room for $90 a month. This is not a promotion that expired a wile ago. This is normal price now.

i pay liek 104 for:

home phone( never gets used but came with package)

road runner high speed internet

two normal digital boxes

an 1 hd dvr

i dont know how many hd channels or what mb my internet is i never checked but been great service never had any issues with teh equipment. i did though forget to pay the bill once an they shut the internet an the dvr service off but kept the digital boxes an phone on . payed it an everything back on instantly oops( now its on auto payment so this doenst happen)

a few friends how wow an they like my service better but they dont wan tot break there contact with them but will be changinng when there contact is over. goodluck

edit after looking at trowas posts he sucks ass cause my dvd i can record one show an watch another. i can actualyl record two shows at once an watch another :D an the internet i still dont know its fast i guess

I have Insight. I hate it. The box still has the major lag issues at random times. I have the HD DVR box. I've been through 3 or 4 boxes in the past year and a half due to various issues with each and every one of them had the lag issue. The audio/video chops up at times. I had them check the line and they said the signal is just fine.

I have phone, internet, and 1 HD DVR box. I pay just over $140 per month. I've called them about it, but they say that that is the standard rate. I know it's bullshit. Not sure what I can do about it though. I can't get TW, WOW, or AT&T Uverse. My only other options are Dish and Directv.

I have Insight. I hate it. The box still has the major lag issues at random times. I have the HD DVR box. I've been through 3 or 4 boxes in the past year and a half due to various issues with each and every one of them had the lag issue. The audio/video chops up at times. I had them check the line and they said the signal is just fine.

I have phone, internet, and 1 HD DVR box. I pay just over $140 per month. I've called them about it, but they say that that is the standard rate. I know it's bullshit. Not sure what I can do about it though. I can't get TW, WOW, or AT&T Uverse. My only other options are Dish and Directv.

Tell them you have DishNet offering to show up to give you a better deal tomorrow if Insight doesn't match. If they don't match, go to satellite. Can't get much worse can it?

EDIT: To the OP, I'd mirror what he said about Insight. The problem is they recycle all the shit boxes and just pass them off to someone else. Make sure the guy installing it gives you one thats NIB or every experience I've had results in massive lag and box failures

Oh. Ask them how much it will be after the year is over.

I could care less, I am pretty sure I will be a Directv customer next year at this time. I want the Sunday Ticket bad. I like Pro ball a lot! The HD stations also are a huge draw to me. I'm sick of having 120 stations I never watch on cable, I have all HD sets and Analog or "digital" looks like shit.

hmmmmm maybe I will just stick it out with WOW for 1 more year at the reduced rate and not have the hassle of switching equipment, and setting up appointments.

I mainly put this here so others might take advantage of the offer, Wow took $40 off the bill like that with no proof. Just a phone call. (Buck I would call if you can get Insight.) With the amount of people with WOW on here, I just wanted really to share for others gain. I was told I was getting a deal here a while ago, but I guess Anthony gets "the real deal".

Wow doing that should be reason enough to keep you. I have had nothing but the best customer service from them. Any issues, instant credit. Anytime I call for new offers and plans they knock money off, I really can't complain.

So why can't they just be competitive in the market? Why must I call? If they actually started just charging and just showing me the 37 HD stations I want and really reduce their rate instead of making me buy their highest package to get HD channels I might be really happy about them. But for now I am just like "meh" they are no different than TW, Insight, and AT&T. Someone needs to shake up the market with pricing for ONLY HD channels no bullshit to make it seem like I have gobbs of channels, because HD is here NOW.

The only thing that will suck with Directv will be I will have to keep Wow/Insight/TW as an ISP and pay that bill.

So why can't they just be competitive in the market? Why must I call? If they actually started just charging and just showing me the 37 HD stations I want and really reduce their rate instead of making me buy their highest package to get HD channels I might be really happy about them. But for now I am just like "meh" they are no different than TW, Insight, and AT&T. Someone needs to shake up the market with pricing for ONLY HD channels no bullshit to make it seem like I have gobbs of channels, because HD is here NOW.

The only thing that will suck with Directv will be I will have to keep Wow/Insight/TW as an ISP and pay that bill.

Because Insight is desperate for customers and will take them at a loss. At that price, they are losing money every month.

A few companies across the country are doing that, because they are desperate for more subscribers, as they may be able to get a better deal when the renegotiate programming contracts. Programming costs are going out the roof right now, so they would rather take a big money loss now in the hopes of making it up in the next couple of years.

WOW will never be able to price undercut the big boys....their pockets are much, MUCH deeper. WOW has to do it with a good product and good service and a reasonable price. And that policy has been working for years.

No one is doing ONLY HD channels because of contracts. You act like it is just simply carrying some channels...nothing could be further from the truth.

are you subscribed to view all of them? i know i have crap ton of them btu not all i can veiw cause i dont have that channel ect ect

Yeah, you just have to have the digital 4.0 subscribed. My bill is like $88/month with internet, DVR and all those HD's. I can get phone and Showtime for an extra $20/month, but eh

I could care less, I am pretty sure I will be a Directv customer next year at this time. I want the Sunday Ticket bad. I like Pro ball a lot! The HD stations also are a huge draw to me. I'm sick of having 120 stations I never watch on cable, I have all HD sets and Analog or "digital" looks like shit.

hmmmmm maybe I will just stick it out with WOW for 1 more year at the reduced rate and not have the hassle of switching equipment, and setting up appointments.

I guess I was asking more for myself...to see how much they say it would be and see if what I've been told is true. I still think I'm overpaying $40 each month, but they say it's the standard rate. :bs:

I just went online and selected the options that I have to see what price it would tell me..

Triple Play: Digital + Road Runner + Phone $105.00/month

HD/DVR Box $10.00/month

Total Price $115.00

I'm paying around $28 more per month than that. I think I'm making a phone call tonight.