The Subieyota?

Farkas

There is a very involved thread about this car on Supraforums. As noted currently, there will be no AWD or turbo versions.

Still for what it is meant to be, an inexpensive, RWD, light, good handling car, i would consider buying one myself.

You can always add a turbo later :)

The basis for this new radical project is to take Subaru's well-known 4WD powertrain and modify it to create a new rear-wheel-drive setup. Slated to be built at Subaru's Gunma plant in Japan, both Toyota and Subaru models will employ a revised version of the naturally aspirated boxer 2.0-liter unit generating around 220 horsepower at 6,500 rpm, mated to a six-speed manual gearbox from the current Impreza WRX STI.

that is already screaming ej257 swap.

http://www.stiblog.com/

http://www.ridelust.com/rumors-swirl-about-the-2011-toyota-celica-a-subaru-toyota-street-legal-speed-demon/

There is talk of a GT-4 300hp 2.0 Meaning we will have the EJ207 high revving engine in the US

I hope the motor is a high rev motor. Car reminds me of a Mazda product (the nose). I hope Toyota comes up with their own engine to be honest they are so well known for their high revving motors and their strong high power engines.

Not bashing on Subaru's platform, I own one too.

As noted currently, there will be no AWD or turbo versions.

Fail.

First I was like:

subieyota > genesis

but now im like:

genesis > subieyota

Not a deal breaker, but I know it will sound like a subaru, and I'm not a big fan of that noise either.

No Turbo Versions, From the factory. :)

Yeah, but then you have to build the motor if you want to run anything more than ~6psi.

Better off with

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1337/608803326_631e1c3409.jpg

or wrx/STi motor

trust me, stock subaru motors are junk. I blew mine up in literally 20 some thousand miles. Going built is the only way to go with these motors, otherwise your on borrowed time.

Funny 70k on mine no issues, no oil burnt, can't complain with a turbo maxed out. been this way since mile 17,000. Wish mine would go so I could build it and throw on a larger snail.

trust me, stock subaru motors are junk. I blew mine up in literally 20 some thousand miles. Going built is the only way to go with these motors, otherwise your on borrowed time.

Funny 70k on mine no issues, no oil burnt, can't complain with a turbo maxed out. been this way since mile 17,000. Wish mine would go so I could build it and throw on a larger snail.

I'm betting he had the issue many new WRX's were having. With the oiling problem or whatever it turned out to be. I know there have been shit tons of people who've had to take their car back and have the motor replaced. Most of them under warranty.

Really? I mean...really?

I don't remember what did the Genesis concept look like? It's just a concept, it could get better, the ideas behind the light weight RWD is cool though...

Good in concept, but that concept car fucking sucks. I hate the idea of them putting a boxer motor in something like that as well.

Tim Bailey Tuned SpaceGhosts I bet his car goes to 200K if he properly maintains it

Bryon Meade Tuned Big Nick's 300AWHP EJ205 "Which is a weaker motor" broke at 200K. It had a great tune that did not knock or have fuel issues.-

Draco has a Cobb STi runs great

Really ask yourself this. Did you really get asked to pay to retune something that was so WRONG that you already knew it was broken, you even told me that you thought the motor was blown before work ever started back on it.

All that being said

Subaru Fails at anything other then the 6speed.

The 5speed STi RA's are not a bad gear, mine have held up great.

I'm betting he had the issue many new WRX's were having. With the oiling problem or whatever it turned out to be. I know there have been shit tons of people who've had to take their car back and have the motor replaced. Most of them under warranty.

To my understanding that only affected the WRX not the STi. I may be wrong but I was pretty sure of this.