ON3Performance 99 Cobra Dyno Tuning Results

DTM Brian

Guest tbutera2112

chad...the numbers are very nice

BUT

youre about 100hp/100tq past the limit for these motors....arent you worried about the internals? theyre not forged on that year cobra, and are known to blow to shit at about 400-450

Guest tbutera2112
Keep you in mind you do not the parasitic loss of power from a turbo like a supercharger. Car should be fine around the 500 rwhp mark as long as fuel and timing are safe.

that and i know the 4vs are a little more forgiving because of the extra air...is the car tuned down a little so its not pushing 550?

Guest tbutera2112
I am not aware of where Chad has the boost. My guess is he has turned it down to 8 psi.

gotcha...those are awesome numbers either way...ide like to see one of these with some good internals and some more boost

I just left it the way it was when we made those pulls. I havent really driven it that way yet but Im just not really all that worried about the motor. its had a blower on it for maybe the past 12k miles where its been beat on. It was really more what we could make and what it would take to get over 500. Basically just some r&d

If the bottom end did let loose, Im prepared and it will just be built for boost. The thing is that its had 8psi basically the whole time before with the novi2k and made 440/396. So thats a pretty big gain going the turbo route

The thing is that its had 8psi basically the whole time before with the novi2k and made 440/396.

do you have a graph anywhere from this? I'm just curious because it made almost exact numbers to my mach 1 with 8psi but I had an eaton

I might Ill take a look, it was a graph going by speed and not rpm so I dont know if that would effect how you wanted to compare. I will go though the file I have and see if I still have it, havent seen it for awhile

Well it would be that time, I can touch the crank and left the track with pieces of piston and chunks of the block. First pass too so it was a bummer

Im just going to do a forged shortblock and hope the heads are alright. One spark plug has the gap closed and all were just soaked in oil. Going to make some calls tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Guess we will find out now what the car will make with 15-18psi and a race gas tune in its future. Shit happens

Well it would be that time, I can touch the crank and left the track with pieces of piston and chunks of the block. First pass too so it was a bummer

Im just going to do a forged shortblock and hope the heads are alright. One spark plug has the gap closed and all were just soaked in oil. Going to make some calls tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Guess we will find out now what the car will make with 15-18psi and a race gas tune in its future. Shit happens

I just wanted to see a few clean passes. I guess the bottom end thought otherwise.

I was watching the video clip and you can see it was going at or right before the 1000' and still went 12.2 @116.95. I let out just for a moment when it was spinning into 2nd and it was a horrible 2.1 60'. We would have seen some 11's for sure, guess I just have to wait till next year to make some passes in that car.

My 2v has taken such a beating, I might be the first one to swap a 4v cobra to a 2v lol I guess those motors like boost a lot better or else I have been extremely lucky with it not blowing