02 gt pedal goes to floor after rear rotor/pad install

BDHG940

I hopped in the car after I had some pads and rotors installed, pedal goes to the floor. I pumped the brakes a million times, set the ebrake a few 100x and dont understand what is going on. The master cylinder was completely full and suctioned a little out but what else do I need to check. It almost feels like they start to grab where they used to, then completely gone till its to the floor about?

All that was done was rotors and pads on the rear

Guest Removed

either a caliber issue , or a master issue..

clamp off the rear brake hoses and see if the pedal comes back, if it does, there s either air in the rear, or the calipers are done.(i sell loaded sets on the cheap too)

if it doesnt come up, then the master got hosed, or air got shoved into the system.

where the brake shot?

Guest Removed
the rears were throwing metal shavings all over my wheels...lol There was nothing left due to a john force funny car burnout in a very remote location....

more then likely the rear caliper came out, and got air trapped in there..

bleed it.(rear)

Cool Ill have him start bleeding the rears tomorrow. What about fronts? we will need to do those also wont we if there is air in the rear? You would think I should know this when my dad owns a company that sells brakes.....

Guest Removed
just the rear...start out with gravity bleeding with the cap off. once you get the air, pump 3 times, hold it, and crack the bleeder open. should be rather simple..if not, check for fluid coming from one of the rear calipers.you may have a leak

I checked the area where the car has sat for the last day after I have been pumping and messing with the ebrake. There is nothing on the wheel or on the ground, I dont think its leaking but we will find out, Ill just start tomorrow by bleeding the rears then and see what happens, thanks man

• 2 weeks later...