I want this Foxbody!!!

DTM Brian

Thats a friend of mine "Jay". I was actually just talking with him lastnigt trying to convince him to put a th400 in it and get rid of the TKO. He has an 8 second ride with ease!

Some people would just rather drive a stick car and I have to say that I am one of them. Of course with the way that he was shifting the car in the video he would drop a ton of ET by going auto, but what fun would that be?

Some people would just rather drive a stick car and I have to say that I am one of them. Of course with the way that he was shifting the car in the video he would drop a ton of ET by going auto, but what fun would that be?

agreed, 9 seconds is fast and that car is amazing.

Guest Removed
but why a th400? a well built c-6 will handle just as much power if not more, using stock parts. and both will eat some power. and putting a chevy trans in a ford is like sticking your dick in your retarded cousin. its fun while you doing it, but every one laughs at you afterward.

but why a th400? a well built c-6 will handle just as much power if not more, using stock parts. and both will eat some power. and putting a chevy trans in a ford is like sticking your dick in your retarded cousin. its fun while you doing it, but every one laughs at you afterward.

hah! that made me laugh.

If the c6 is such a popular swap, why not is there more people doing it over the th400???

Maybe because the aftermarket for a 400 is freakin huge unlike the c6

Thats a friend of mine "Jay". I was actually just talking with him lastnigt trying to convince him to put a th400 in it and get rid of the TKO. He has an 8 second ride with ease!

Leave the stick, autos are boring to watch.

Guest Removed
If the c6 is such a popular swap, why not is there more people doing it over the th400???

Maybe because the aftermarket for a 400 is freakin huge unlike the c6

i guess some people are dumb ass's. there is not a ton of shit for the c-6, but its NOT needed. only thing you need is a hardened input shaft,and a servo. and you dont have to worrie about the front drum till your pushing more then 1500hp. and even then , theres a billet front drum for it.

and its funny how you say no one runs these transmissions. monster trucks have been running these for decades. along with mud boggers and lots of drag racers. the guy that builds internal trans brakes, and made the billet front drum for them has a car in the 7's running a c-6.

there is not alot of need for aftermarket parts in a c-6. its bullet proof from the factory. unlike the th400, it dont need aftermarket parts in it. just most guys only know how to build a th400 with lots of aftermarket parts. and why, well all these other guys figured out the th400, so any monkey can throw one together when he's drawn a picture. Call up Frank Merkle and ask him your self. he push's over 1800hp through his, and just freshens it up over winter (weather it needs it or not), and runs the dog piss out of it every weekend in the 7's.

if every one else lived in a cardboard box, would you? so let me ask again, why build a trans that needs a special bell housing, flywheel, converter, and a ton of other aftermarket shit =$$$$$$$$. when ford already gave you the best damn trans in the land, and can be built to handle what ever you can think about tossing at it.

i guess some people are dumb ass's. there is not a ton of shit for the c-6, but its NOT needed. only thing you need is a hardened input shaft,and a servo. and you dont have to worrie about the front drum till your pushing more then 1500hp. and even then , theres a billet front drum for it.

and its funny how you say no one runs these transmissions. monster trucks have been running these for decades. along with mud boggers and lots of drag racers. the guy that builds internal trans brakes, and made the billet front drum for them has a car in the 7's running a c-6.

there is not alot of need for aftermarket parts in a c-6. its bullet proof from the factory. unlike the th400, it dont need aftermarket parts in it. just most guys only know how to build a th400 with lots of aftermarket parts. and why, well all these other guys figured out the th400, so any monkey can throw one together when he's drawn a picture. Call up Frank Merkle and ask him your self. he push's over 1800hp through his, and just freshens it up over winter (weather it needs it or not), and runs the dog piss out of it every weekend in the 7's.

if every one else lived in a cardboard box, would you? so let me ask again, why build a trans that needs a special bell housing, flywheel, converter, and a ton of other aftermarket shit =$$$$$$$$. when ford already gave you the best damn trans in the land, and can be built to handle what ever you can think about tossing at it.

"The Ford C6 transmission was a heavy-duty automatic transmission built by the Ford Motor Company between 1966 and 1996. It featured three forward speeds and reverse, and was built around a Simpson planetary gearset.

It was initially built at the Livonia Transmission Plant in Livonia, Michigan, but production was shifted to the Sharonville Transmission Plant near Cincinnati, Ohio during the mid-1980s.

It was very similar to the C4 transmission but could handle greater power. It was used primarily in trucks, although it was also used in some larger cars with larger engines (see Ford FE engine and Ford 385 engine). The transmission is very popular in the sport of drag racing today, with units equipped with manual valve bodies and transbrakes, some of which are air shifted."

Well call me a dumbass then, also one that lives in cardboard box if that makes you happy, and one that likes things that are easy enough a monkey can do. Once I grenade this c4 again a Rossler 400 will sit in its place. You can have your c6

The pure fun of pin your ass back in the seat accelleration, consistency, and less worry of part failure

Too each his own on this one. I'd rather watch a fast stick car, but it's still fun to watch any fast car. Also, I don't bracket race so why do I care about consistency? If I'm not mistaken, a certain 10.40 stick car was rather consistent until traction wasn't there one pass out of 4 or 5 the other night. Just have be a good stick car driver to get semi-consistent.