NASA? Found this interesting

Clifford Automotive

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all you bitching about nasa spending money... do you like your cell phone? do you enjoy watching your buckeyes no matter where they play, live, and in amazing quality? have you ever used a gps? you have no idea how much nasa's exploration has helped your everyday life.

all you bitching about nasa spending money... do you like your cell phone? do you enjoy watching your buckeyes no matter where they play, live, and in amazing quality? have you ever used a gps? you have no idea how much nasa's exploration has helped your everyday life.

And that's just satellite tech. Life would suck without Plastics....

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make things better at home. I won't argue that. But NASA's budget is a scooter next to the HMMMV of Military spending. Not to mention "Foreign Aid" and the countless wastes of cash our government allows to continue that don't even offer the possibilit of future benefits. Let's cut the real fat, rather than something that has improved our lives already and will continue to do so in the future.

I wish NASA was funded more. The social issues that some of you are crying to be "fixed" first will either be spent endlessly on and not be solved, or new issues will arise that people will cry that should be fixed first also.

<<<<<< Can't wait to see Pluto via New Horizons

The vast majority of satellites that effect our everyday lives are launched by private companies (such as this one http://www.ilslaunch.com/ ). Remember there are something around 2000-3000 satellites in orbit of earth that we know of and authorities admit there's probably at least that many that we don't.

I'm a space nerd and to me NASA's been a waste of money ever since we left the moon for the last time. No matter what we should be exploring using humans instead of wasting money on the ISS program so that we can send school children's tomato seed samples into orbit.

yea and those private company's would never have been able to do that without nasa doing it first. steve hawkins is on nasa tv right now talking about nasa and why its a important use of tax payers money. (well he has moved on to possibility of life outside this planet now.) nasa's budget is .12 percent of the over all US budget.

Jesse, I thought that the next planned moon landing, along with the new shuttle program to get us there, was all canceled? I remember being pretty pissed about it, we should be looking for water with people on the surface, not by throwing rocks.

When I was down there this summer they were still talking about it like it was live and well.

We need to figure out if there is water there (in useable amounts) way before we go back there. 2020 is probably optimistic considering that (I think) they haven't even launched one of the next gen rockets that will take us back to the moon and possible Mars yet.

I feel like NASA is more of an extra-curricular program, why did we not get to vote on it? It's our money. Take care of our home first then play.

The more we learn, the more we realize that space exploration and research DOES take care of home.

have not launched yet but done testing with. they are supposed to do a launch sometime still this year.

The main engine tests are fucking impressive. ;)

Then explain to me how running a rocket at 79million dollars is helping my everyday life....

bwa hahaha i getting neg rep for this thread. good stuff!

NASA? Found this... 9th October 2009 08:37 AM D-Bag!!

NASA? Found this... 9th October 2009 08:28 AM wrong, you will find out sooner or alter, hopefully it wont be later

i am so loved.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1