OSU Backfield?

truckin

Now that were in the full swing of OSU FB looking at the 2 tailbacks for OSU who do you feel should be the starter? Saine or Herron?

Just curious.......I wasn't sold on our run game this year and I'm still not 100% confident in it. I feel their are issues with both backs, but who gives us the best chance to win?

From what I've seen to date this year saine has the nod for the starting job.

Saine and boom are doing better then i expected. from what i saw boom is reliable and Saine is the big play maker. That is what I think. Boom can make big plays too but he just seems more like a work horse when it come to chipping away down the field.

I'm not sure if it's just the way the offense is run, or if neither back is a true starter...but I haven't been too impressed by either. Saine has shown more all-around usefulness. I just wish that someone with his speed would actually be able to use it once and a while. He seems to run too hesitant, instead of explosive.

Peace

I like Herron out of the backfield. I think Sane should be used more in the slot or with wheel routes.

Agree or disagree with this - http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1000162

I'm gonna say agree. I don't think our offense is anywhere close to the top 3. Hell the last 3 games of the year scare me to death.

I dunno what games some of you are watching, but Herron falls down the first time he is touched. Saine can move a pile and deliver a blow to a defender

haha I gotta ask you the same thing. Saine gets -1 yard ten times in a row, then breaks a 15 yard run, then back to the no gains. Boom doesnt break many big runs, but gets consistent gains

I like Herron out of the backfield. I think Sane should be used more in the slot or with wheel routes.

Agree or disagree with this - http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1000162

I'm gonna say agree. I don't think our offense is anywhere close to the top 3. Hell the last 3 games of the year scare me to death.

I agree that our offense didnt do anything against wisconsin, but how could they? They were only on the field about 2 minutes in the second half haha. Our defense and special teams kept scoring, which just kept our defense on the field even longer.

haha I gotta ask you the same thing. Saine gets -1 yard ten times in a row, then breaks a 15 yard run, then back to the no gains. Boom doesnt break many big runs, but gets consistent gains

You have that backwards

I dunno what games some of you are watching, but Herron falls down the first time he is touched. Saine can move a pile and deliver a blow to a defender

I don't know what game you are watching but you my man have that ass backwards. They call boom "boom" for a reason he is the one that delivers the blow, while Saine pussy foots into the hole and is taken down easier the Maurice Wells. For a guy that ran 10.3 100m he sure hasn't shown any break away ability or speed. Pryor is still the best "runner" tOSU has, followed honestly from what I have seen by Jordan Hall. Boom is a TD machine when healthy, yesterday was the first game in 9 games he had not scored a TD in (does not include the game he missed last week due to injury).

The problem with tOSU is not the running game, its the passing game. Kinda hard to run the ball with 8-9 guys loaded up on the line of scrimmage. Until Pryor can show D-Coords that he can throw the ball consistantly the running game will suffer. Next year has 2 big stud backs coming in i.e Rod Smith (6'3 225) and Carlos Hyde (6'2 230), Hyde should've been at tOSU this year but did not qualify accademically.

As long as the D plays lights out tOSU doesn't really need a great offense (see 2002).

I don't know what game you are watching but you my man have that ass backwards. They call boom "boom" for a reason he is the one that delivers the blow, while Saine pussy foots into the hole and is taken down easier the Maurice Wells. For a guy that ran 10.3 100m he sure hasn't shown any break away ability or speed. Pryor is still the best "runner" tOSU has, followed honestly from what I have seen by Jordan Hall. Boom is a TD machine when healthy, yesterday was the first game in 9 games he had not scored a TD in (does not include the game he missed last week due to injury).

So you haven't watched the games where Boom doesn't hit the hole, and trips and falls down before he even makes it through the line? How about when Saine hits the hole hard and delivers a blow, pushes the pile, etc.

Honestly, people are dreaming about Boom this season, or just remembering last year.

No im not living off the past year, if that was the case i'd be dreaming of Beanie in the backfield lol.

Brandon Saine- 63 Carries 349 Yards 5.5 YPC

Boom Herron- 66 Carries 241 yards 3.7 YPC

Brandon Saine- 26 carries 65 yards 2.5 YPC

Boom Herron- 89 carries 439 yards 4.9 YPC

everyone is thinking of last year. Saine is obviously better this year.