tire dis-mount/ remount whos the cheapest?

Red Beard

hey guys, im in need of some help. i was just curious as to if anyone here knows where i can get tires mounted and dismounted on the cheap end. i have 2 sets of tires that are mounted on the rim now. one set is a 5 lug rim and too my suzuki, and the other set is a 6 lug to my trooper. im taking the 30's i have on the trooper rims and putting those tires on my suzuki. im looking for any place that does it as cheaply as possible. i would prefer it be on the north side of town as im in delaware, but doesn exactly have to be. i priced out wall-mart and its going to cost me somwhere around 85-100 (just for changing them around i dont know if that includes balancing as well). im just wondering if there is anyplace that would cut me a discout seeing how im dismounting and remounting 9 tires and balancing 5 of them. all together. that or anyone on here possibly have the homie hookup? hopefully someone can help me out here. thanks guys.

Guest tbutera2112
Call mike @ wheel medic 299 9866

definately the best prices in town...didnt know if they offered this service though without having any work done on the wheels or not

definately the best prices in town...didnt know if they offered this service though without having any work done on the wheels or not

Might as well take it to the guys that everyone trusts with freshly coated lambo wheels.:cool:

They are esp. big wheel freindly.

well i ended up going to discount tire co. it cost me 106 out the door, i tried wheel medic and said i was reffered to them and they quoted me 13.5 a tire so that was out of the question. wall mart wanted 115-120 out the door with tax and everything so that was a bit too much. i called discount and they wanted 18 a tire, but i said i had a bunch and they charged me a flat rate so that was cool. i wanted to wait but i needed them done today as i had to have the trooper drivable today for a test drive. next time i will do a little more homework. zanesville would have been great but i wouldnt have saved anything after the drive and back. thanks for the help guys.

heres some before and after pics of the sammy.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/redneckracer/IMG00374.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/redneckracer/IMG00377-1.jpg

Edited by Red Beard

Guest tbutera2112
i think krieger ford only charged me $7 per wheel...but it may have been since i bought the tires from them before maybe *bought them and had them mounted on my chrome cobras...then came back a couple months later and had them switch them to my black cobras*

call derek at NTB next time. i had him remove some tires so i could get my wheels powdercoated, and mounted back a few days later.

it was so stupid cheap, i dont want to requote the price incase hes charging a few bucks more now (which would still be a good deal). he was cheaper than all prices quoted in this thread.

Guest tbutera2112
call derek at NTB next time. i had him remove some tires so i could get my wheels powdercoated, and mounted back a few days later.

it was so stupid cheap, i dont want to requote the price incase hes charging a few bucks more now (which would still be a good deal). he was cheaper than all prices quoted in this thread.

he quoted some tires for me not long ago and it didnt beat all the prices in this thread...he wasnt charging an arm and a leg, but he seemed to be going off of standard prices that any ntb would charge

he quoted some tires for me not long ago and it didnt beat all the prices in this thread...he wasnt charging an arm and a leg, but he seemed to be going off of standard prices that any ntb would charge

depends on what you're asking for I believe the car you called me about you were asking about the cheapest tires we sold. I'm not going to lie, our cheap tires we might make 1-3 dollars on without mount and balance, and some we lose 5-8 dollars per tire. we have corporate people that shop all the competitors to make sure we are the lowest price tire in town.

how quickly you forget how much cheaper I sold you that 20 inch goodyear than Scott did in reynoldsburg.

in the end it all depends on the tire, some theres room to budge others are what it is.

Guest tbutera2112
depends on what you're asking for I believe the car you called me about you were asking about the cheapest tires we sold. I'm not going to lie, our cheap tires we might make 1-3 dollars on without mount and balance, and some we lose 5-8 dollars per tire. we have corporate people that shop all the competitors to make sure we are the lowest price tire in town.

how quickly you forget how much cheaper I sold you that 20 inch goodyear than Scott did in reynoldsburg.

in the end it all depends on the tire, some theres room to budge others are what it is.

no no...im not talking about tire prices, i wont even try to deny you hooking me up, and im VERY grateful

i just meant mount/balance costs, which was the topic of this thread

you cut me a killer deal on that tire for my truck, i didnt forget anything man and i will always reccomend you to anyone looking for tires

i was commenting on mount/balance price i talked to you about for my stang, just been too broke to get it done here recently

and when i do get it done, i will be bringing them to you since youve helped me out in the past...not trying to turn anyone away from you guys downtown, was just commenting on what evan had to say about mount/balance cost

like i said...what he charged me was less than any prices quoted in here. not to mention derek always hooks everything up. plugged a tire on my g/fs car so we could get to the dealership for warranty road hazard, and a nail on my sisters car for nothing.

my dads friend has a shop, wanted over $900 (325 parts + labor) to change a fuel pump on my sisters sunfire (have to drop the exhaust and tank), called derek and said he could do it at his place for 425 for everything.

i cant even count on both hands how many times derek has hooked me up, or someone ive sent to him

just a few weeks ago, he got a guy i work with some goodyear eagle's for like $350 for the set...the tires are $160/each on tirerack

well they where 30's so they where a bigger truck tire, considering everthing and just going around the corner from the house, id say the cost was a decent deal. the $50 dollar deals sounds nice but considering how far i gotta go to get this deal the difference would be the cost of driving out there and the time involved. all considering i feel that i got a decent deal. thanks again to everyone who had a heads up on it. i appreciate it.