me vs. Last gen supercharged 3000gt

pontiacfreak142

The back story... the other day my sister stopped by the house to check some stuff online. Well while shes doing this, she took a break and got on myspace. While she was doing this, a guy she used to like/ a guy i graduated with, messaged her. During there conversation, cars came up and he mention that he had a car he liked to race, a mitsubishi 3000gt. So my sister starts making fun of him and tells him to sell it and get a real car, meaning something american with a V8 lol. Well he starts saying that he doesnt need to because he smokes cars like that all the time, especially vettes, camaros and mustangs. So my sister tells him that there is a firebird and a mustang sittin in the drive way that would smoke him. His response was, ' they better have alot of aftermarket parts if they even think about beating me'. So i told her to let him know to bring it on over and we would race. Well in the mean time i had to run my gf home to get some stuff. On my way home though, my sister calls and tells me that he showed up and that chad (gtptols1) was there to see the race. So i hurried home and we all went out onto a little back road for a dig race. Needless to say it wasnt even a race, i left his ass from start to finish and even chad got tired of waiting and just went around him. so we get back to my house and the excuses start. 'my car is better from a roll', 'you had the upper hand from a dig because you have an automatic' and my personal favorite, 'just wait till i get my supercharger'.

well needless to say on the way back to house, we did get some what of a roll race in, with him starting in front of me and getting a head start, i was still pulling him in pretty quick. To finish the story short and sweet, he also ended up getting walked by 2 LS1 cars later that night also, then turned around and started talking about racing for money. i forgot to mention, the car isnt supercharged yet, just NA with a CAI, down pipe, and chip. I dont jack about these cars though. Are they decent with superchargers, or should i just go take his money? lol

3000gt supercharged? i know that the vr4 model(awd twin turbo) were decent but heavyyy. i belive ips has a bad ass one

yea, its an NA car right now but hes i guess planning on supercharging it soon lol. Yea the way he was talking shit i honestly thought it was a vr4.

This thread is lolz, and it sounds like this guy was something of a dumbass. I have an NA 3000gt and they're really not all that heavy. The TT cars give them all that reputation, as they are just shy of 4,000lbs, but my car is 3,350ish. Depending on the model, this kids car could have been an SOHC base model, and it kind of sounds that way. They are true dogs ,although you can't kill them, they only make 160 crank hp. The DOHC motors make 220ish. As far as a supercharger, only a few guys have done it, because all the VR-4 turbo goodies bolt right on for the most part. Those that have generally don't make very good numbers anyway when compared to an equal cost/effort turbo setup.

Also, nobody makes a bolt on supercharger kit or manifolds to support it, so the kid is either full of shit or hasn't looked into it much. I believe the company that used to make a kit using the GTP superchargers, the M90 or whatever it was, but they've gone away because there never really was a market for the platform.

Edited by spankis

Back in my 3000gt days, I remember them having a bolt on supercharger for the DOHC motor. I had a non turbo and got all the turbo parts for it, and when I finally got it all together I was like screw it and just bought a vr4.

Thats what he needs to do, especially now since they are cheap. Vr4's get bad reps but they are kick ass cars, weight being its biggest flaw.

Back in my 3000gt days, I remember them having a bolt on supercharger for the DOHC motor. I had a non turbo and got all the turbo parts for it, and when I finally got it all together I was like screw it and just bought a vr4.

Thats what he needs to do, especially now since they are cheap. Vr4's get bad reps but they are kick ass cars, weight being its biggest flaw.

Dang, you have had two awd fails :)

joking i always wanted a vr4 but dam they kept there value over the years

gary.. just be carefull as the vr4 ones can be made fast easily... lol

This thread is lolz, and it sounds like this guy was something of a dumbass. I have an NA 3000gt and they're really not all that heavy. The TT cars give them all that reputation, as they are just shy of 4,000lbs, but my car is 3,350ish. Depending on the model, this kids car could have been an SOHC base model, and it kind of sounds that way. They are true dogs ,although you can't kill them, they only make 160 crank hp. The DOHC motors make 220ish. As far as a supercharger, only a few guys have done it, because all the VR-4 turbo goodies bolt right on for the most part. Those that have generally don't make very good numbers anyway when compared to an equal cost/effort turbo setup.

Also, nobody makes a bolt on supercharger kit or manifolds to support it, so the kid is either full of shit or hasn't looked into it much. I believe the company that used to make a kit using the GTP superchargers, the M90 or whatever it was, but they've gone away because there never really was a market for the platform.

it was the DOHC motor. Yea ive never heard of a supercharger for those either, but at least it sounded better than his other idea of shoving a viper V10 in it lol. And paul, bring that v6 rustang on lol

it was the DOHC motor. Yea ive never heard of a supercharger for those either, but at least it sounded better than his other idea of shoving a viper V10 in it lol. And paul, bring that v6 rustang on lol

there is a red one that has a gt42 i believe with a supercharger as well.

Posting about street racing in a section about racing at the track? Wow, stupidity and fail all rolled into one.

actually smart ass if you read the description of this section, it does mention street racing to...

and i appreciate your concern, but i dont race on the street very often, i know its dangerous, but there is a reason i stick to back roads. if i lose control of my car, im going to be the only one getting hurt.

Edited by pontiacfreak142