Motor is done.....

Linc5.0

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed

all i know is its a 255 pump...and its been moded with the corvette fuel filter/regulator setup per grannys site...

it had larger wire run back to the pump, up to a kill switch..so i pulled the stock relay cause it was just sitting there getting warm, and i wired up a 40 amp relay to come on with the ign.

it runs now.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/red%20mess/th_100_3853.jpg

off to the dyno i go tomorrow.

stop putting words in my mouth...never did i say you cant tune...now did i..go ahead go back thru and try and find it...you wont. i would NOT trust you just jumping into a new system, on a fresh car. but hell you have just said that your damn self. if you dont like my fucking opinion. put me on your ignore list. or learn to fucking read what im saying. just like in slo mo's thread..you go jumping the fucking gun, getting 10 shades of butt hurt calling every one and their brother, stating this that and the fucking other.

Calling everyone? I just posted this little bit ago and been hangin with the wife. I've not spoke to anyone car related .

I won't put you on ignore as I like you rob, I consider you a wealth of automotive knoweldge, But you even made comments about it when we where at your shop. It just pisses me the fuck off when I'm stating something that a fact and your response was argueing with someone who dabbles.

I am senstive about tuning, I had to put up with some complete bullshit when I started that was so fony it was a joke. Then later I find out shops plagerize my work. It would make you a bit edgey to. If you built stangs for a hobby and loved to help people because you enjoyed building stangs and had people piss on you it would make youtouchy to.

I stop here rob, I have no epeen to prove or anything else, You know I've spread good word about you and you've done work on my friends cars. I would prefer not create some riff because of a stupid internet thread.

Guest Removed
Calling everyone? I just posted this little bit ago and been hangin with the wife. I've not spoke to anyone car related .

I won't put you on ignore as I like you rob, I consider you a wealth of automotive knoweldge, But you even made comments about it when we where at your shop. It just pisses me the fuck off when I'm stating something that a fact and I'm told that I'm argueing with someone who dabbles.

here you go not reading my posts again..

i said, when that shit went down in slo mo's thread about grants car, is when you went ten shades of butt hurt, and started calling every one.

and your point? you may know subbys buddie, but when it comes to mega squirt and a 5.0, you sure wouldnt be my first phone call. and thats all i was trying to convay to you.

btw, i dont dabble in it. period. unless it involves a magic fuel mixxing box called a carb-a-tator. :gtfo:

Guest Removed
Did you make it a return style now? definitely not a stock wire. the fuel pump is white with red stripe.

read up on the swap on grannys web site...it will help you under stand

http://grannys.tripod.com/3LS16.html

Injected applications...The stock RX-7 fuel system uses an in-tank pump, connected to the rotary engine's injector fuel rail, with a rail mounted pressure regulator routing excess fuel flow back to the fuel tank thru the fuel return line. The Camaro/Firebird version of the LS1 used a fuel supply system that located the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel return plumbing entirely within the fuel tank, requiring only a fuel supply line (no return line) connected to the LS1 fuel rail. In order to insure that your conversion is 100% smog legal, your RX-7 will need to adopt the LS1's in-tank pump/regulator/return arrangement.

If your RX-7 does not need to be smog legal within the letter of the law, there is an easier solution....the LS1 Corvette fuel filter/regulator assembly. Available at most any auto parts store (NAPA# 3737), the Corvette fuel filter features an internal pressure regulator with an external fuel return connection as if it was made for the FD/LS1 conversion. The inlet and return lines connect with traditional push-on hose-and-clamp connections, while the outlet connection to the LS1 fuel rail requires GM's proprietary LS1 fuel line fitting. While the most simple and straight-forward installation locates this filter/regulator in the RX-7's engine compartment, a more sanitary and stealth installation location would be under the RX-7's fuel tank access panel near where the lines come out of the RX-7's fuel tank. Regardless of plumbing methods used, BE SURE TO ROUTE ALL FUEL LINES AND CONNECTIONS IN A SAFE AND SECURE MANNER AWAY FROM (OR SHIELDED FROM) ALL EXHAUST COMPONENTS.

Identification of the Corvette FPR's inlet and outlets are as follows...

...Large single female outlet...(orange cap on right side of pic)...this is the FPR's pressure outlet that gets routed to the Camaro/Firebird LS1's fuel rail.

...Large 3/8" male barbed inlet...(red offset cap on upper left side of pic)...this is the FPR's supply inlet that gets plumbed to the pressure line from the RX-7's fuel pump.

...Small 5/16" male barbed outlet...(smaller orange cap on the left side of pic)...this is the FPR's excess fuel return line that gets plumbed to the RX-7's fuel tank return line.

Connections to the Corvette FPR's barbed male tubes can be done with rubber fuel line and clamps or with compression fittings and AN adapters. Connection to the female pressure outlet port requires a special snap-in o-ring fitting that GM uses on many of it's newer vehicles. For a low buck solution, the fittings can be obtained at a wrecking yard, and connected w/ compression fittings to common tube or fuel hose available at the auto parts store. For a better looking and possibly more secure solution, compression fittings and AN adapters can allow use of stainless braided fuel line. The FPR pictured at right uses all three connecting options.

IMO, i would much rather have the regulator up front. esp with the spray being on it.(the regulator can react faster, and have less drop in FP)..i have watched to many of these drop FP at high rpm under load, on a dyno...but i will be watching this one very closely. if modifying it is in order, i will do so.

eriks car had a kill switch, in the drivers area hidin. i just used it upgraded wiring(since it was in place) and hooked my relay in to power it...it had heavy gauge wire run to it. i may just rewire it later on. the car is for sure in need of some rewiring. i pulled the floor mat back and found a flying spaghetti monster hiding in it (pic is rather to graphic to post)and if i would have seen this earlier, i would have been rewiring it while the motor was out.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/red%20mess/100_3854.jpg

hopefully he will allow me to rewire this over winter..i had to add a ground wire to the engine block, since it only had a 10 gauge wire on it to ground the starter, and most of the time the starter doesnt want to hit. thats all fixxed now...

here you go not reading my posts again..

i said, when that shit went down in slo mo's thread about grants car, is when you went ten shades of butt hurt, and started calling every one.

and your point? you may know subbys buddie, but when it comes to mega squirt and a 5.0, you sure wouldnt be my first phone call. and thats all i was trying to convay to you.

btw, i dont dabble in it. period. unless it involves a magic fuel mixxing box called a carb-a-tator. :gtfo:

They do make software virtual carbs :)

No way in hell would I call me first for a megasquirt 5.0 eather. It took me 2 years to be confident enough on subarus to even offer to do something to a car.

And we both know damn well you also tune with dental tools..... GIGGLE

Guest Removed
Congrats Erik, it wouldn't of been done without Gearheadz :) so props to Rob and his fine facilities and craftsmanship.

Rob motor sounds great, can't wait for dyno numbers

well i will say this...

when he said it was done, he meant it was this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/red%20mess/100_3818.jpg

just a short block sitting on my floor, and he made this thread before it was on the floor. i have spent the last several night working this thing

the next morning i had this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/red%20mess/100_3828.jpg

spending most of the night cleaning parts, and getting it together so i could work thru the days on the daily grind of stuff going on.

me and andy took it and decided to add some color to it..so far erik likes it.

i was going to due a thread, but i think this thread will do...it even comes with drama :rolleyes:

Guest Removed
I bet your feet look great with that blue light on the pedals you ricer.

thats my mini drop light..i was just under there wiring the new fuel pump relay in.i cranked it till i had oil pressure, but had no fuel to light off..:(

Rob has been amazing thru this whole process. I will be picking the car up this morning and dropping off at Pick ups Plus cars. Brady (also amazing ) is gonna take care of the tune! I am very happy with how both shops have worked together to keep my needy ass happy. They have both gone above and beyond!

Rob has been amazing thru this whole process. I will be picking the car up this morning and dropping off at Pick ups Plus cars. Brady (also amazing ) is gonna take care of the tune! I am very happy with how both shops have worked together to keep my needy ass happy. They have both gone above and beyond!

That awesome. Is it gonna make it to D42?

Guest Removed
That awesome. Is it gonna make it to D42?

thats what he is shooting for.

all this hell for a track day :o

needy isnt even the word for it erik...

Edited by Removed

still going to be slow I JOKE I JOKE

Guest Removed

well its not here..erik is out driving it.....

it will be here tomorrow for a once over, and maybe for me to clean up some of the wiring mess.

but video and graph to come boys...

well its not here..erik is out driving it.....

it will be here tomorrow for a once over, and maybe for me to clean up some of the wiring mess.

but video and graph to come boys...

eric is driving it? I thought it needed a break in period and knowing eric he probly isnt takin it easy haha