My brother has a brain tumor

Aaron

Some back story: My brother was diagnosed with a brain tumor many years ago. He did a few years of chemo and stopped about 2 years ago because they thought the tumor was not growing anymore and even shrinking. He has been getting periodic exams and such by doctors order.

Fast forward to today when my wife wakes me up from a nap at 2pm. She said that my brother's tumor has still been growing and that his case will go to the tumor board (kind of like House, where a bunch of doctors look at his case to see what they can do, if anything).

It came as a huge shock because of how well everything was going for him. My brother and his girlfriend (live together in a house with 2 dogs, just not married) were taking fertility tests (because of the past chemo) to try to have a kid.

Just wanted to put my thoughts down because it will be a hard time for my brother and our family. My manager at DSW was kind enough to cover all of my shifts this weekend so we can spend some time together.

Thanks for listening.

What kind of tumor? Where is it located?

I work for a neurosurgical group and monitor cranial nerves/brain function during tumor resections and spinal fusions. Feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll offer up and advice I can.