engine builders

Guest JCroz91

Guest JCroz91
anyone have any personal experiance with any of these places building their engines? r know someone with a built bottom end that i can talk to. i know rob is rebuilding dovers car.

Guest tbutera2112
rob built my engine, great price, great turn around time, and he was very careful and precise and made sure everything was perfect...if something didnt come out exactly how he liked it, he would do it again until it was 100%, at no extra cost

Guest JCroz91
rob built my engine, great price, great turn around time, and he was very careful and precise and made sure everything was perfect...if something didnt come out exactly how he liked it, he would do it again until it was 100%, at no extra cost

is everything still running good?

Guest JCroz91
rob sucks :p

lol, no i mean i know rob knows his stuff and hes a good dude dont get me wrong. and lets not veer this thread in the direction of all about if rob does good work or not. i just want to know where the better engine builders are in ohio. and if someone has a personal experiance with someone please let me know. like either PM or anything. thanks guy

Guest Removed
im pretty sure its not running at all. :bangbang:

im oretty sure your trans is fucked...and?

ugh r u serious?

yeah hard to finish a build when the owner doesnt have the needed parts/money

rob sucks :p

you has no room to talk sir...no room at all.

look, there are a ton of engine builders out and around here. alot of machine shops build stuff. alot of shops send out their engine work.which i dont blame them, its time consuming, and you have to take the extra steps to make sure things are right.

i build stuff by hand, checking tolerances down to the .001. and do lots of research on certain set ups before they ever go together.(esp turbo motors) thats one reason, i wont talk details till the owner has set down and decided which way they are going.weather it be turbo, super charged or sprayed.

just like one mod motor im doing now..mahle says put tolerance's at one spec, but lots of people have found, their specs to be way to tight. so the block came back apart to have the clearnace opened up, so the pistons dont swell and drag the bore all over again.