iPhone Verizon hopefuls your hope is no more. Wait New Hope! 11/6/2009

SpaceGhost

so I picked one up today... 1st impressions, this thing ROCKS.... only complaint the screen protector they shoved down my throat is HORRIBLE, I had to take it off because I couldn't use the touch screen with it on.

Anyone know where I can download games for it? the marketplace, I couldn't find any games.... and we all know that games are a very important part of owning a phone :D

look again. everything you will ever need is in the market, even stuff you will never need

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya, I hated GH...

so I had to sign up for the web and something else plan with this phone... so that means I have unlimited data correct?

Also, anyone recommend anything good with it?

I recomend downloading the music and movie player... they were under free I can't remember what they are called, but I can't find a format they won't play... even as far as music, they download the album cover and give all the info on the MP3 automatically which I thought was pretty sweet... all I did was copy the MP3's over to the microSD card and put the card in the device.

on a side note, anyone know how to make the device a mass storage device so I don't have to put the microsd card into a card reader to copy files down?

ya, I hated GH...

so I had to sign up for the web and something else plan with this phone... so that means I have unlimited data correct?

Also, anyone recommend anything good with it?

I recomend downloading the music and movie player... they were under free I can't remember what they are called, but I can't find a format they won't play... even as far as music, they download the album cover and give all the info on the MP3 automatically which I thought was pretty sweet... all I did was copy the MP3's over to the microSD card and put the card in the device.

on a side note, anyone know how to make the device a mass storage device so I don't have to put the microsd card into a card reader to copy files down?

The Hero has an excellent music player stock. For SMS I recommend HandCent SMS. I also recommend a file explorer app like ASTRO File Manager. If you have a PS3, PS3 friends is pretty cool. Quick Office is nice to have if you want to view MS office files or PDF's (although I dont think thats on the market, you have to find it online). Google Sky Map is sweet too, chicks love it.

When you plug your phone into a computer, a message should come up asking if you want to mount your SD card or not. Mounting it will let you copy files onto your SD card.

plan is 29.99 plus 10 for txt'ing so it's an additional 40 a month :(

BTW, those with the NES emulators... how do you put roms on it and where do you get the roms from?

the internetz. Just do a google search for nes roms, download it, if its a zip file unzip it, drag to sdcard

so I picked one up today... 1st impressions, this thing ROCKS.... only complaint the screen protector they shoved down my throat is HORRIBLE, I had to take it off because I couldn't use the touch screen with it on.

Anyone know where I can download games for it? the marketplace, I couldn't find any games.... and we all know that games are a very important part of owning a phone :D

Did you get the htc or the motorola? .

Motorola... the big daddy with the slide out keyboard

The speaker on that thing is very impressive. Get Pandora and check it out if you havnt already. The camera is great, the browser is fast as hell, and the processor in the phone is rediculous. At first the size and weight made me hate it.. but after using it I was impressed. The phone is solid.

I agree completely... I just wish I could get speed dialing to work better.

I am very impressed with I can play any audio and video file I've thrown at it.

Mess with it and search online for downloads. You can put shortcuts on the main screen that when pressed dial the person

I got the actual Motorola Droid.... there are pictures all over the place for it... if you just go to the yahoo front page it talks about the security deactivated or something and then shows it... it's pretty sweet titties...

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/ci.Motorola-DROID-US-EN.alt

Actually. I'm looking into the HTC Droid Eris, HTC HD2, Motorola Droid. Most of all, I'm digging the Eris.

Anyone have opinions on them?

Motorola is faster, bulky, better for media. HTC is more compact, easier to navigate, will be able to run 2.0 after a few updates are created. HTC is touch only, motorola has a cheap keyboard but it gets the work done. Someone like me that uses it for work is better off with a motorola. Once you get bored with apps (if thats even possible) the motorola is just an all around better device.