iPhone Verizon hopefuls your hope is no more. Wait New Hope! 11/6/2009

SpaceGhost

see that's the problem, people go into it thinking it's an iPhone... that's not what it is. If that's what you're looking for, go to ATT, get shitty service and have fun with your iPhone. if you want an open source power house that can do anything you want other than use it as a garage door opener, then the Droid would work for you.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to play with the droid last night. My impressions are that the on screen keyboard is a mess to type on. The sideways keyboard felt well as good as my Mogul was.

the interface was smoother then a Storm but I still think the iphone wins.

I'm not sure if the voip is over the air or not.

The web browser seem ok but with out multitouch zooming in was not nearly as slick.

I played with there version of the app store. Not bad I liked the way I could pick things and have them do there thing.

The screen has a very nice picture. The higher rez does make some of the gaming stuff suck. DooM was not able to run at a playable rate.

see that's the problem, people go into it thinking it's an iPhone... that's not what it is. If that's what you're looking for, go to ATT, get shitty service and have fun with your iPhone. if you want an open source power house that can do anything you want other than use it as a garage door opener, then the Droid would work for you.

QFT.

Having the iphone is like taking a 7 second car to a bad track. Yeah its capable of being the fastest but the track doesnt have good enough prep to support it so it runs 10's....

The web browser seem ok but with out multitouch zooming in was not nearly as slick.

As long as the phone's screen supports multitouch its not a problem and people will have multitouch on it in no time, like all other android phones. It should have had double tap zoom though. Oh and the Eris should have it already since its running the Sense UI

DooM was not able to run at a playable rate.

Weird, ran perfectly when I had it. Perhaps Doom does not support android 2.0 yet. You have to keep in mind that this is the first and only phone available with android 2.0 right now.