I'm a fucking retard

schmuckingham

So back a few months ago i decided to trade my CBR1000rr for the Fox in my sig. Clean rust free car thats as perfect as a Fox xhassis can get, pillars arent even wavy yet. Long story short I drove to him and traded the bike for the car( which he unloaded the bike quickly for another vehicle) but we werent able to get to a notary and I have a girl that does notary work ... no big deal. Go to get the title notarized and she finds that he hasnt filled it out all the way so I ship it back to him about month and half ago. 2 weeks ago I talked to him and he said I should receive it Saturday the 9th. I was gone on business from the 8th til thursday of last week, and I find no title when I get home.

Fast forward to this week, dude wont answer his phone or return calls when in the past he has been oddly snappy with returning calls. Why do I get this feeling I am about to get fucked.

ehh, well at least you have a nice track car?

Not what I had intended for this car nor is it were I want it to go. I mean it just burns me that I traded that bike which I pampered and was beautiful and this fuck mook wants to be a dick.

Dude that would suck. I would figure it out asap. Document everything, all the calls, dates, any correspondence or attempts including a small paragraph of how the transpired. It may come down to being your only evidence that it is yours.

Well I also have two witnesses that went with me to trade for the car, so I dont want it to go there but currently it looks to be going there. Thankfully I have his name, number and address.

There are other ways of getting the title if you do not get it back. They are a pain in the ass but it can be done. Yeah I know how you feel I am inn the same boat on a deal too. I would ask how far away is this, it might be worth the trip to drive to knock on the door, however I would get him early in the day. That way if he says I sent it, you can go with him to the title office, he can get a duplicate, and then he can sign off on it there, and you can get it notarized on the spot.

Good luck!

If you never get in touch with him again or unfortunately he passed or something weird. Your only legal recourse would be to petition the bmv for the title. Unless whoever his executor knows of the deal. In the case where you would need to petition the bmv, all documentation you provide will be presented to a judge who will look at everything then rule on who owns the car(this is how it used to be anyways). Statements by your friends wont carry much weight.

If you never get in touch with him again or unfortunately he passed or something weird. Your only legal recourse would be to petition the bmv for the title. Unless whoever his executor knows of the deal. In the case where you would need to petition the bmv, all documentation you provide will be presented to a judge who will look at everything then rule on who owns the car(this is how it used to be anyways). Statements by your friends wont carry much weight.

Heres the problem, after I sent the title back I found out it wasnt even in his name. It was in someone elses name and he just flipped the car to me in trade for the bike. Apprently he and the previous owner did get it notarized but thats his word which has so far meant dick.

I didnt question the names not matching because I assumed ( yes its my fault) that the name I was addressing him with was either a nickname or middle name. Reason why is because I go by my middle name but sign things important with my first name.

Well why are you going after him if the car isn't even in his name? I mean I'd be pissed at him as well, but short of a name (which you already have) you probably won't get much from him.

Since you have/had the title and know the previous owners name/address, why don't you take the time to search that and try and locate him? If he is an honest person who really did sell the car, he probably wants it out of his name just as much as you want it in your name. It might be as simple as paypalling him $20 for his inconvenience and title fees for him to mail you the correct notarized title.

Just trying to help, good luck with it though.

Well why are you going after him if the car isn't even in his name? I mean I'd be pissed at him as well, but short of a name (which you already have) you probably won't get much from him.

Since you have/had the title and know the previous owners name/address, why don't you take the time to search that and try and locate him? If he is an honest person who really did sell the car, he probably wants it out of his name just as much as you want it in your name. It might be as simple as paypalling him $20 for his inconvenience and title fees for him to mail you the correct notarized title.

Just trying to help, good luck with it though.

Kentucky Titles dont have previous owners address.

Guest Removed
Dude I wouldnt make you go through all that shit, besides he probably wont even acknowledge any paperwork...... god damn backwoods Kentucky people.

he will get letters in the mail..if he ignores them, then the title gets handled over...its a process, and costs some money , its just a waiting game

I am pretty sure he has broken a law or three here?

If diplomacy fails firmly let him know you are willing to "overlook" this if he makes it right. If not you will go to the proper authorities and it will be "out of your hands".

Unfortunately, He is also guilty....:(

So back a few months ago i decided to trade my CBR1000rr for the Fox in my sig. Clean rust free car thats as perfect as a Fox xhassis can get, pillars arent even wavy yet. Long story short I drove to him and traded the bike for the car( which he unloaded the bike quickly for another vehicle) but we werent able to get to a notary and I have a girl that does notary work ... no big deal. Go to get the title notarized and she finds that he hasnt filled it out all the way so I ship it back to him about month and half ago. 2 weeks ago I talked to him and he said I should receive it Saturday the 9th. I was gone on business from the 8th til thursday of last week, and I find no title when I get home.

Fast forward to this week, dude wont answer his phone or return calls when in the past he has been oddly snappy with returning calls. Why do I get this feeling I am about to get fucked.

Heres the problem, after I sent the title back I found out it wasnt even in his name. It was in someone elses name and he just flipped the car to me in trade for the bike. Apprently he and the previous owner did get it notarized but thats his word which has so far meant dick.

I didnt question the names not matching because I assumed ( yes its my fault) that the name I was addressing him with was either a nickname or middle name. Reason why is because I go by my middle name but sign things important with my first name.

http://aura1.gaia.com/photos/9/87246/large/Ouch.jpg

I'd be trying my hardest to contact the guy who's name is on the title. If you need help locating him, let me know. As long as you have a first and last name and a rough idea of what area of the state he lives in, I can probably find him.

Unfortunately, He is also guilty....:(

I cant think of how, I told him to send the title back to be notarized. We didnt expect to run into being so late to look at the car

http://aura1.gaia.com/photos/9/87246/large/Ouch.jpg

I'd be trying my hardest to contact the guy who's name is on the title. If you need help locating him, let me know. As long as you have a first and last name and a rough idea of what area of the state he lives in, I can probably find him.

Michael Crass, Murray Kentucky. Guys name on the title and thats were the car was. Dude I got it from said he lived down the road from him so I assume its still Murray