Porting heads

99ta

Thinking about picking up a set of ls6 heads and having them port and polished. would it be worth the gains? I have a ms3 cam waiting to go in. What else would need to be done? How much and I looking at for this job and who does it local? thanks

Guest Removed

send them to TEA.. http://www.totalengineairflow.com

and they can even fill them with spring's/valves(whatever) for you..when you get them back, they are ready to bolt on.

and its not hand ported, they are cnc'd...and have some of the best numbers out there...dont fall for other heads that say they have this or that in them, cause i've seen them first hand..they just dont.

send them to TEA.. http://www.totalengineairflow.com

and they can even fill them with spring's/valves(whatever) for you..when you get them back, they are ready to bolt on.

and its not hand ported, they are cnc'd...and have some of the best numbers out there...dont fall for other heads that say they have this or that in them, cause i've seen them first hand..they just dont.

I've heard nothing but good things about the port work that TEA does.

Thinking about picking up a set of ls6 heads and having them port and polished. would it be worth the gains? I have a ms3 cam waiting to go in. What else would need to be done? How much and I looking at for this job and who does it local? thanks

A phone call to TEA should be in order. You would be suprised in how similar some of the cnc programs are for the both the LS and Ford Windsor heads.

Guest Removed
A phone call to TEA should be in order. You would be suprised in how similar some of the cnc programs are for the both the LS and Ford Windsor heads.

they share the same head bolt pattern...i never kept up with the thread about the guy putting ls head on a 302..but never heard much about it...maybe my crazy ass should try it

anyone in cbus do porting?

mike pm a price from livernois.

Eric did my LT1 heads and did a fantastic job. Last I heard he had his flow bench set up, so even though he is hand porting he will be able to match whatever flow numbers you want (within reason). He may have his CNC mill set up too. I would recommend his work to anyone. His prices are reasonable, since he runs his machine shop in the evenings (Mechanical Engineer by day). PM me and I'll give you his cell phone number. If nothing else give the guy a call and talk with him.