F150 brake problems/questions

Snowflake

I have an 07 F150 that has 35k miles on it. At 17k miles I took it into the the dealership because the brakes were pulsating when brakeing at any speed high or low. They turned the front rotors and said everything was all good.

I took the truck on the road with me right after that and I still felt the pulsating but I figured Id get it looked at again before the warranty was up. I took the truck back in 2 weeks ago since the factory warranty was getting ready to be up at 36k miles.

They told me they turned the back rotors this time and said it was good to go. I havent drove pretty much since then until this morning when i took it to a dealership to get it appraised because I want to trade it in.Thefirst thing the guy tells me once he gets back from the test drive was the truck needed new brakes.

I get home and called the dealership back that did the warranty work and asked him why I was getting the rotors turned when there was clearly something else wrong with them. Im assuming they are warped at this point. He tells me they wont put new rotors on until they have been turned till they cant be turned no more and that is Ford policy and that is the same at every dealership.

He then set me up an appointment to bring it back in on Thursday.

Am I getting the run around or is it true that they will turn rotors on a truck with 17k and then 35k miles on it?

when under warranty Acura has us replace the pads when we cut rotors for vibrations, and for cars outside of warranty we measure the pad life that's left and if its 50% or below we let the customer know if they don't replace the pads the vibration will come back so at that point its up to the customer

I would say you're lucky they even did anything for you.

As far as I know, brakes are included under wear and tear items and are generally only warrantied for the first 12 months/12,000miles, so at 17,000 miles, a dealer could have told you to get fucked.

But yeah, I would assume from a cost standpoint they would turn the rotors first before replacing them.

Guest Removed
brakes are a wearing item. most auto makers cover the rotors for warpage(kia covered them for like 60k, if the pads wasnt worn excessively) . i would be wondering if the slides was cleaned and lubed,and the hubs and rotor hats where cleaned properly.

Guest Removed
I was under the impression that a bumber to bumper warranty was exactly that...

they only cover wearing items that are defective..like tires, and brakes and what not.like say you have a tire that goes to shit, but they can say its road hazard and not cover it. but like a sticking caliper, causing the rotors to warp, would be covered.