tree spade.

Skinner

OK so the wife planted a tree to close to the house after being advised it was a bad idea now I need to get i moved. Was wondering if anyone had access to a tree shade that I could use, borrow, or pay to use. If not where I be able to rent one and how much. I will only need to use it for maybe an hour.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/smskinner/100_1645.jpg

This is the tree I am wanting to move. truck is about 6" at the base.

My wife did the exact same thing, now the tree is approaching 20' and will have to come down next year. Downside is I can't move it as I know it's very close to the main electric and sump pump lines. I'll likely just chop and grind out the stump.

What exactly is a tree spade? I have seen them on bobcats but are you looking for a handheld spade shovel, or is there something for a tree? I may have something but just want to be sure.

the one I have used back home were on a small trailer and have 3 spades that creat a cone around the tree.

doesn't matter now I aready had it the ball dug out after looking at it was less then 2 feet deep. Was able to get it up, moved and transplanted about 10' out further. just finished staking it up.will have to wait and see if it takes again come spring.

But this was what I was looking for.

http://www.generalrentalstcloud.com/General%20Rental/tools/tree%20spade%2005b.jpg