Ever had a staph infection?

Browning

I'm no expert, but that just looks infected to me.. Staph looks completely different all the times I've seen it. Google search for staph, and look at the attributes that accompany a staph sore. Until you see a doctor, I'd probably use some neosporin or something of the like.

What the fuck? Are you stupid or just simple?

You need a doctor, or at LEAST a Minute Clinic. Go to a Kroger or one of the MANY pharmacies that have one..... AT LEAST get seen by someone who knows what they are looking at. Asking CR if you are okay is like asking asking Bernie Madoff how to invest your money...

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

At least go to CVS and put some Staph-A-Septic on it. It's good OTC stuff. Doctor may give you some oral meds and Bactroban topical. Both good stuff.

My daughter brought MRSA into our home 3+ years ago when she got it at her 2 day checkup.

Bleach-baths are good too. Change your towels often and clean them good. Seriously, we bought all new towels, all white and used them for weeks bleaching them each wash. If it turns out to be the nasty stuff, you'll have a good time trying to rid it from the house.

Took us like 3 months and me getting it several times to clear it up.

What the fuck? Are you stupid or just simple?

You need a doctor, or at LEAST a Minute Clinic. Go to a Kroger or one of the MANY pharmacies that have one..... AT LEAST get seen by someone who knows what they are looking at. Asking CR if you are okay is like asking asking Bernie Madoff how to invest your money...

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

I'm very anti-doctor/hospital/medication

Call me stupid but I've always been stubborn when it comes to this shit. I actually had a nurse a family member knows look at it and she said it just looks infected and to try neosporin and a band-aid for a couple days. That's what I'm doing and if it doesn't look better in a day or two I'll go the doctor route.

I'm very anti-doctor/hospital/medication

Call me stupid but I've always been stubborn when it comes to this shit. I actually had a nurse a family member knows look at it and she said it just looks infected and to try neosporin and a band-aid for a couple days. That's what I'm doing and if it doesn't look better in a day or two I'll go the doctor route.

and this is why obama's healthcare plan won't work. you have a family member who knows a nurse look at it--that person said it 'just' looks infected, and told you to put a bandaid and neosporin on it?? you realize that EVERY staph infection starts out looking just like that?? people act like a staph infection (MRSA is a form of a staph infection, and is becoming extremely common in the community) initially looks different from any old infection--that is wrong.

one of the main goals of obama's healthcare plan is primary prevention---regular check-ups and aggressive treatment of problems at their earliest stage will prevent costly surgeries and hospitalizations. you're a prime example of why his plan will fail horribly.

think of it this way:: routine maintainence (oil changes, fluid changes, timing belt, etc) of your car will prevent costly repairs due to neglect. you're driving around right now with the 'check engine light on', and just assuming that it will go away on its own.

trip to the dr. a few days ago, would have gotten you a prescription for antibiotics, and this would have easily taken care of the problem.

now, you're risking a surgical procedure and a 3 day hospitalization for IV antibiotics when you develop an abscess. by the way, i used to operate on every one of these abscesses in the emergency department under a local anesthetic--so did everyone else i worked with, so that's what you have to look forward to. good luck, i've officially washed my hands clean of this.