nova won't start :(

Slimpsy1647545505

So my nova won't start. The timing was set high due to the new cam in it and it ran fine for a couple days, but tried to start it yesterday and today with no luck. Seems to be turning over fine, smell gas when I pump the pedal, see sparks from plug when removed.

I'm no gearhead so I dunno what else to test. Any ideas?

It did have a new carb and intake put on the 307, and I did adjust the timing when I got it back (wouldn't start otherwise after getting hot), but it doesn't seem like a timing issue, cause it ran fine for a couple days after doing that.

Any help appreciated. If you're in or around Lancaster and wanna stop by my house to give me a hand. . . we can drink a couple cold ones and I can throw you a few bones. Really would like to have it running for the last few decent days of the year.

It's probably something really simple, I'm just motor-tarded.

Thanks!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got a few extra hei's dist and parts you could try. check the pickup coil dont fail often but ive had one leave me on the side of 270 once. if you take the ignition mod in and get it tested. if it shows good likley the pickup coil took a crap.

sorry didnt read his post.

Guest Removed

and it runs again... also found a large vacuum leak, got the tach working, going to rewire that, and the dizzy, cause that was the issue with it not running..fucking wire nut on the ign wire shorted out :rolleyes:

going to go over a bunch of stuff in the am and short some issues out, and fix up the hill billy someone installed into it :rolleyes:

all will be well :cool: