Awesome LS1 computer retrofit

Cordell

Oh I do, but why spend the money on something thats equally as powerful, if not more.

The Megasquirt is a great stand alone. It is NOT as powerfull as a LS1 ECM or a EEC-V. It has some neat "features", but for controling a street car in EVERY condition it doesnt even begin to come close. There isnt even a point in arguing about it because if you really think that then you have no clue what goes into an OEM calibration.

Thats a cool option for LS1's. I wish someone would make a similar setup to run EEC-V's on EEC-IV cars. I've retrofitted a few, but none with COP.

• 2 weeks later...
The Megasquirt is a great stand alone. It is NOT as powerfull as a LS1 ECM or a EEC-V. It has some neat "features", but for controling a street car in EVERY condition it doesnt even begin to come close. There isnt even a point in arguing about it because if you really think that then you have no clue what goes into an OEM calibration.

Thats a cool option for LS1's. I wish someone would make a similar setup to run EEC-V's on EEC-IV cars. I've retrofitted a few, but none with COP.

My .02, you won't get anywhere near the robustness/reliability of an OEM with an MS based board unless you make serious changes with the matierials,traces,and some of the code.