kobalt tools

kirks5oh

so, i'm through with craftsman---bought the jack/jackstand/creeper special that killjoy listed a few weeks ago and found "made in china" proudly stamped all over everything. fuck that.

so, i've decided to go with kobalt. just bought the 'through ratchet' socket set that comes with 1/4",3/8", and 1/2" sockets--looks sharp and came with its own carrying case. i've heard kobalt tools are made by the same company as snap-on. any truth to this?? i also saw a big kobalt tool chest that comes with a built-in frige and a stereo as well.

thoughts anyone??

Not the same manufacturer, the same group owns them. Don't confuse them with the quality that Snap-On offers. Most jacks are made in China anymore. Shinn-Fu and Hein Werner (same companies actually) make most of them. The HW ones are a much higher quality but you'll pay for that.

so, i'm through with craftsman---bought the jack/jackstand/creeper special that killjoy listed a few weeks ago

That guy's a jack ass...

:(

Sorry to hear.... that being said... I have had good luck with the Kobalt Tools....

I do think the next ratchet I get is going to be a Snap-On.... you get more more "clicks" per rotational angle....

KillJoy

Snapon Tools is owned by Snapon Inc. We aren't owned by a group, however we own a lot of smaller companies. They might be produced at the same place as blue point because they appear similar.

That guy's a jack ass...

:(

Sorry to hear.... that being said... I have had good luck with the Kobalt Tools....

I do think the next ratchet I get is going to be a Snap-On.... you get more more "clicks" per rotational angle....

KillJoy

at least the jack looks very stout, and seems to work very well. the jackstands are puny--i'll probably only use them if i have to put one of my kids' power wheels up on jack stands. i will still look into the craftsman specials that you post up.

these 'through sockets' seem pretty nice though. i just can't justify more expensive tools as i farm out more and more of my car work.

Kobalt is made in China. I have a couple of channel locks, they are ok quality, not like snap on, bluepoint, mac, or even craftsman.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080307152302AAGgQaV

fuck, i guess its not too late to return them.

Holy shit..... do you two AGREE on something!?!?!?!?

:eek::eek::eek:

:bangbang:

KillJoy

guess you didnt read that link...

thanks,

erick

I can post pics of the laser CHINA etch on the tools. brb....

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/straightchiro/100_1568.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/straightchiro/100_1571.jpg

If you're not going to use them because they are made in China then that's one thing. But as far as I knew, all the Kobalt hand tools still carried a lifetime warranty (like Craftsman) the last time I bought any. I have the "through ratchets" too and LOVE them. I use them more than any tool I have in my tool box.

My local Lowes had that Kobalt Stainless Steel tool box with the stereo and fridge for $899 down from ~$1300 I think it is when they were clearencing all their last year model stuff. Plus if I signed up for their card it was another 10 or 15% off. I should have bought it then.

Luckily my brother in law drives a Snap-On truck. I need to start going through him more as Craftsman really is starting to lack quality, and if Kobalt is becoming more and more China made then I'll have to.

I have the "through ratchets" too and LOVE them. I use them more than any tool I have in my tool box.

someone on this site mentioned how much they liked them--that's why i got them

My local Lowes had that Kobalt Stainless Steel tool box with the stereo and fridge for $899 down from ~$1300 I think it is when they were clearencing all their last year model stuff. .

our lowe's wanted $1800 for both the top and the bottom. didn't see how much just the bottom was

Snapon Tools is owned by Snapon Inc. We aren't owned by a group, however we own a lot of smaller companies. They might be produced at the same place as blue point because they appear similar.

SnapOn was listed under the Danaher Tool Group previously, that's strange. I'll have to try to remember to look what year the catalog I have is.

someone on this site mentioned how much they liked them--that's why i got them

our lowe's wanted $1800 for both the top and the bottom. didn't see how much just the bottom was

Maybe it was down from $1800 then. It was for the full unit. I was blown away by how cheap they had it marked down to. I kick myself now for not jumping on the deal.

SnapOn was listed under the Danaher Tool Group previously, that's strange. I'll have to try to remember to look what year the catalog I have is.

Snapon has never been owned by anyone. Infact they have the longest standing record on the NYSE for continualy increasing dividends without missing a quarter. Now we even do our own financing (we were previously 50/50 with CIT, now it is just us). They, however, own a lot of other companies. Danaher owns Matco.

Snapon has never been owned by anyone. Infact they have the longest standing record on the NYSE for continualy increasing dividends without missing a quarter. Now we even do our own financing (we were previously 50/50 with CIT, now it is just us). They, however, own a lot of other companies. Danaher owns Matco.

Weird, I wonder what that was I was looking at. I know Danaher has KD, Matco, etc... they own everyone.

Fuck your financing, we don't like that over at Mac :p.