Looking at a 20,000 sq ft building. Anyone in need of Automobile Storage?

DTM Brian

I spent the this morning and early afternoon looking at a building in Sunbury. A price has been negotiated and I am looking to take possession as early as this month providing other things fall into place. I will have 20,000 square feet. I am looking to take 10,000 square feet and use it for storage. I have plans for the other 10,000 square feet however that will come at a later date. Looking to store up to 30 cars. Pricing is yet to be determined. I will probably have a rate for month to month and a rate for a 6 month lease. You car will be secure and only myself and possibly one other individual will have access. Entrance to the building has a locked gate.

My questions are?

1. What would you pay for a space?

2. What hours and days access would you need?

3. Would you do looking for a 6 month lease at a discounted price or would you only be interested in doing month to month?

Once my Reynoldsburg house sells, I'd love to continue to keep my boat in a garage (currently just keep it there). Summer time I'll keep it in the garage at our house, but I like the extra room in the winter.

I'd pay as little as I could; would need no access except to grab it in the spring whenever you would happen to be there on your own, and would do a couple month lease to probably the start of April. I'd prefer to pay less money simply because it can be stuffed in a corner and doesn't need to be accessable.

Brian you should have pretty good luck doing this. My dad rents his old shop out right off rt 3 and 37 to a guy doing the same thing. Its 12k sq ft and the guy has I believe the 6k he doesnt use for auto repair filled up. With just a few ad's, I dont think you should have any problem filling it with cars, boats and rv's

interesting idea. thats kind of far away from where you live.

answers to your questions though,

1) 50$ a month

2) 24/7

3) 6 months for 250.

i know im cheap but thats what id pay.

also, you have PM coming your way once i get off the toilet.

Insurance part looked into. Not going to be a problem. More on this later.

Have you looking into Insurance for this? I am sure it would NOT be cheap.

Also, I agree that if you are storing people's toys, there should be 24/7 availability. I do not know how that would be possible.

:(

KillJoy

I've been thinking about what to do for the winter myself. The Camaro and 2 Harleys, hell maybe even my riding lawnmower. Not digging the idea of going to sunbury though. Depending on pricing I probably would go month to month. Not sure about access, I haven't thought that far ahead.

I need a place to work on the car not store

My friend I have many things to talk to you about regarding this building.

I will post updates as I get them regarding cost. ETC. The reason for storage is take advantage of other opportunities with the space.

I thought about storing my car for the winter.

- Will it be semi heated?

- Insurance?

- Security?

- Can we do basic things there if needed?

- Do month to month rental?

- If my car needs moved, who moves it?

Are you thinking of moving the dyno there? Post pics of said building.