Tires for my Outback.. 225/55/17s

mrs.cos

We want to stab ourselves looking for tires that fit our needs.

Anyone have any GOOD suggestions? we have looked at tirerack, nasioc, its all like reading garbly goop.

I want an ALL SEASON, QUIET, Long Lasting tire that is not scary on Rain and is at least somewhat reliable on snow.

Apparently because of the size of my tires, this is an impossible request.

Every tire we look at has bi-polar disorder when it comes to the reviews, and could really use some input.

BF goodrich traction TA less than a hundred a piece 70,000 mile warranty also the Yokohama avid TRZ right around the same price have an 80,000 mile warrranty. I can get both for under a hundred piece I think. both good tires and can be viewed at discounttiredirect.com

BF goodrich traction TA less than a hundred a piece 70,000 mile warranty also the Yokohama avid TRZ right around the same price have an 80,000 mile warrranty. I can get both for under a hundred piece I think. both good tires and can be viewed at discounttiredirect.com

The bridgestone tas are on the short list. I will look at the rest listed thanks guys.

We are pretty anal about tires. The avids arent unilateral if i remember correctly so they are a no go due to subarus rotation pattern.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S have been the best A/S tire I have bought and had on a Subaru. They are really quiet, you know how much tire noise you hear in a STI for lack of sound deadening. I can hear some wind noise with them. Last year in the snow they were awesome, and in the rain they are perfect. The drawback is that they are expensive. They are pretty borring in the summer I miss my Bridgestones in the summer. But for the outback they would be great.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S have been the best A/S tire I have bought and had on a Subaru. They are really quiet, you know how much tire noise you hear in a STI for lack of sound deadening. I can hear some wind noise with them. Last year in the snow they were awesome, and in the rain they are perfect. The drawback is that they are expensive. They are pretty borring in the summer I miss my Bridgestones in the summer. But for the outback they would be great.

Though my i do love my outback, it wont be a "summer tire" car. Having the RS and the LegacyGT makes us really want a touring car.

I hope these tires that Derek has recommended fits the bill. Their ratings seem pretty good.

Though my i do love my outback, it wont be a "summer tire" car. Having the RS and the LegacyGT makes us really want a touring car.

I hope these tires that Derek has recommended fits the bill. Their ratings seem pretty good.

You understand the Tire I am talking about is not a "summer tire" it's an all season tire A/S = All Season that is why I say it's awesome in the snow and perfect in the rain. I'm trying to explain that the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S are the exact tire you want by your description in your first post.

You understand the Tire I am talking about is not a "summer tire" it's an all season tire A/S = All Season that is why I say it's awesome in the snow and perfect in the rain. I'm trying to explain that the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S are the exact tire you want by your description in your first post.

i do understand and after reading the surveys, reviews and testing from tirerack i wasnt happy enough withe snow and ice ratings.

I did research them so thank you for the suggestion

Huh... you were there the same time I was...

:wtf:

KillJoy

And you didnt even wave at me, how rude. :p.

I dropped off my car around 4 and walked over to a cofee shop and read a book.

Derek thanks for taking care of me :)

and as far as berkinstocks, i giggled at my feet when i read that as i was wearing socks -n-stocks