WTB: 94/95 Cobra or GT

schmuckingham

Guest Removed
i was having a discussion about powerdyne with brian not too long ago. it was funny as hell.

that must have been funny, cause you take the smallest vortech, and the air flow charts look the same vs the power dyne lb for lb..:lol:

:

Guest Removed
i was moreso laughing at the failboat of a design design the powerdyne has.

love how you think its funny...hell you could rebuild one ....not many super chargers you can do that with. rather simple self contained system. look up 928 motorsports.

No kidding Rob, and to top it off somewhere I have a copy of the flow comparison. So if the Powerdyne is a failboat design, then if the Vortech and Paxton entry levels flow almost the same, then they too must be failboat.

Look everyone can say what they want, however I have had good luck with them in the past. 928 Motorsports uses them exclusively, and they use them for road race applications. Hey I know Brian dislikes them as well as many other people, but mine must be doing something right.

Enough thread jacking.

Mike, did you see the 94 Cobra at Royal Auto on Craigslist? Looks decent, I have not seen it in person though. I was looking for one of these when I bought the 86 but the few I found were trashed.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/1462821670.html

That is the ad for the one at Royal Auto, I am not sure where they are. That car is nice. I think now that I have seen it in person. I am almost positive it was a Hummer of Columbus trade in, but I cannot be positive. My curiousity surrounds the steering wheel replacement? No airbag? What happened.

Oh and the one you are going to look at I was told is rough. Now everyone elses standards are different. My buddy was going to buy it and trade it for my '86. I did not see it, he just told me it was rough around the edges.

As for the belt snapping, well I have my car limited at 5600, I have never pushed my motors, I would rather have one I can drive for 5 years, not rebuild it 5 times in a year. I put the Kevlar replacement belt in my blower, it maybe has 500 miles on it. I talked with the guy at 928 at length and he told me that reliability and ability to service the Powerdyne is why they use them.

Hey it was on my car and after truly educating myself with charts, graphs, and multiple people's experience I did not find it worth the cost of upgrading. Look sell it used for 1000, and spend more than twice that for a Paxton, or Vortech, or ATI? For what maybe an additional 10-15 HP over the Powerdyne? Like I said, it was on the car, and it works just great, has the Kevlar belt and the upgraded bearings.

Good luck on the Cobra search, and let me know what that one you are looking at tomorrow looks like.

The one from Royal looks rough on the interior but the one in canal looks better, so I guess we will see.

Yeah that is what I thought, hell I have seen very few SN95's hold up well when it comes to the leather, just doesn't seem as forgiving as the stuff they put in the Fox.

My buddy said something about the paint on that black one, but like I said I did not see it. On top of that he is one of those guys that wants it perfect, if not he wants to pay $1 for it.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out.