remote starter install?

smokin5s

it all depends on the kit and the car some of them can be easy others a total pain but as long as you take your time you shouldn't have too hard of a time keep in mind you will void any sort of factory warranty ( i'm about 80% sure on the warranty but I could be wrong )

Guest Removed
There's a place down here in Lancaster, and I'm sure many up there. . who will install a remote starter with kit for $150 (including everything).

I'd go that route, as it can get pretty wire intensive and become more of a headache than it's worth.

most basic system price's start around $150-200 for a single button remote start setup.

But on most newer cars, there is always a additional cost of the anti theft by-bass system to add on to the alarm.

most basic system price's start around $150-200 for a single button remote start setup.

But on most newer cars, there is always a additional cost of the anti theft by-bass system to add on to the alarm.

Yeah, they advertise $150 installed in their window, and a friend of mine had them do his 04 explorer for this price + tax.

But as you said, the more labor they have to put into it could alter this price. They seem like cool guys to work with tho either way.

Guest Removed
Yeah, they advertise $150 installed in their window, and a friend of mine had them do his 04 explorer for this price + tax.

But as you said, the more labor they have to put into it could alter this price. They seem like cool guys to work with tho either way.

makes me wonder what systems they are using...

like my 02 super duty...no anti theft system, but my neighbors 99, does.

The Pacifica is pretty labor intensive so don't expect to get out the door of a shop for the base price + tax. On top of the remote starter you're going to need several resistors a slew of relays and a sentry bypass and a new key depending on which bypass you get. If you want your parking lights to flash it takes a resistor and a relay so that'll be extra. If you want your power door locks tied into the system that takes 4 relays and a couple resistors. You get where I'm going with this.....

Here's a link to the cars wiring if you want to try it yourself.

http://64.85.6.121/diagrams/printpage.asp?ModelID=17201&MakeID=14

or http://www.bulldogsecurity.com

all I want is to push a button and it to start, she already has keyless entry and can use her other keyfob for that.

May want to double check and see if the keyless works with the vehicle running. If it doesnt you will need to add keyless to the rs otherwise you will have to shut the car off to get in or use the key in the door.

May want to double check and see if the keyless works with the vehicle running. If it doesnt you will need to add keyless to the rs otherwise you will have to shut the car off to get in or use the key in the door.

good call, I didn't even think of that.

For some reason I've always had the best luck with the key in a box method. The active bypass modules always gave me trouble.

If you don't feel safe leaving a starter key in your car just cut off the key part after you program it.

$250 sounds like a good price as long as it's a reputable place...

• 1 month later...
Name: Traffic Jamz

Street: 326 South Broad Street

Lancaster, oh 43130-4320

Phone: (740) 654-2837

Had them do the install...They got it working, but I was less than impressed with them. had to take it back twice.... first time was because they needed the 2nd key which they didn't tell me about and then second time was because I was driving down the road leaving their shop and my door locks were going nuts, horn honking and all sorts of crazy stuff. They also didn't put the screw trim covers back on and had to search the shop for them when I noticed and came back.

Guest Removed
they more then likely have never done one, tried the resistor box, didnt work, went and did the key in a box(which adds more with the price of a key), and then didnt have a solid connection some where.

Guest tbutera2112
i wish somewhere would hook me up with a remote starter install on a 2006 accord...but i dont know of any local shops in the gahanna area near morrison that give out quotes for such outlandish services