More BB Storm Fun - II

Akula

Ok, so I want to upgrade my BB Storm sw to 5.0. It fails during the upgrade. Basically it goes to a 507 error and then it reboots and reconnects, the desktop manager asks if I want to go back or do 5.0. I can go back and restore but cannot go to 5.0.

If you work for Verizon Wireless and can help me out, I would appreciate it.

Well, no one has figured out how to upgrade a storm via the mac Desktop Manager. Every time I want to do anything with this phone it doesn't work. Software upgrades are impossible, charging the battery has become an exercise in flexibility, apps keep adding without my permission, I am done with it. BlackBerry, its not me, its YOU!!!

Anyone know if having a POS phone is reason to be let out of my contract?

I dont work there, but if you PM me your mobile number and what options you need your phone to be able to do (ie if you absolutely have to have a bb storm with global capabilities for work) and what model of phone you would prefer I can look into it for you.. After all I have read you need a new phone, not to update that one.

Why do you still put up with that piece of shit phone? I would have smashed it a year ago.

Well, before I lost my job I needed to have the ability to step off the plane in Seoul and get my email/make phone calls.

Now, I don't really need to but I don't need a new 2 year contract either. I would much rather have an iPhone.