Best "OEM" Performance?

KillJoy

Major Fail

That's like me saying a 2001 GTP only better looking. lol

Haha, pwned.

I'd have to go with something more exotic... Say a nice late model 911 turbo well optioned out. Goes as fast as I want to, can be daily driven, nice and the wife wouldn't mind it.

Guest Removed
If you could make a car using ONLY OEM parts (no aftermarket or Tuners ;) ), what would you use?

Something like:

LS9 Engine

Viper Transmission

Ford 9" w/ 3.55 Gears

Ford GT Wheels + Tires

etc.....

KillJoy

why the viper trans? when the new t-6060(t-56 upgraded) is stronger then the viper trans, and comes behind the ls9?

Because Viper is way cooler. The he can be like, "Yeah, I got a sweet viper trans" and everyone will be like "Daaaaayum." Or something like that.

For a nice DD I'd go with an S5, with a newer Z06 motor, tdi gearbox, and hideaway BMW 7-series rocket launchers.

Same for the 911tt, what OEM parts are upgrades for it?

Upgrades? You can't upgrade perfection son! Haha. Gt2 engine parts, everything else is fine. The only thing that could possibly upgrade the interior would be some nice 1993 Audi carbon fiber, for sure!

Upgrades? You can't upgrade perfection son! Haha. Gt2 engine parts, everything else is fine. The only thing that could possibly upgrade the interior would be some nice 1993 Audi carbon fiber, for sure!

I think you missed the point of this thread...or maybe I did. But I forgot about the GT2, is that basically a lightweight version on the 911 with larger turbos or more boost?

Guest Removed
drag race:

bbf since only stock parts

c6 over c4 since stock part

9in

road race

1st gen lightning motor

t56 (rather 5 speed but none in stock form)

8.8 w 31spline cobra diff

BBF would be one way of doing it, but i would rather have a Boss 9 engine from back then.(the nascar spec engine came in a small hand full of Boss cars back then) you get more power, and more rpm.

a t-6060 trans

9" from a truck cutdown maybe even a semi- floating axle setup for strength

then figuring out what to it in would be limiting for me, cause i would use a shelby a/c cobra chassis, but since you said no tuner cars...well, i would have to think on it more...unlessi can use something produced in other country's

Ariel Atom.

Only if its the Ariel Atom 500 V8 edition.

The 500 started life as a one off special project with RS Developments in 2007 and features the Russell Savory designed 2.4 litre V8 engine coupled to a 6 speed sequential Sadev gearbox. Developing over 500bhp at 10,000rpm the supercharged engine features all alloy construction, 5 valves per cylinder and a dry sump. The gearbox will have flatshift capability, a paddle gearchange with manual override as well as launch and traction controls.

All while weighing in at 500kg. Thats 1hp/1kg. A Veyron is .5hp/kg.

;)

I think you missed the point of this thread...or maybe I did. But I forgot about the GT2, is that basically a lightweight version on the 911 with larger turbos or more boost?

Oh no, I got the point. I'm not making a magical car, just something that could be done without too much fab or modification. GT2 is a lighter weight, rear-drive only model. More oriented towards hard sport driving, whereas the 911 turbo has become a GT car. I'd want the AWD of the regular turbo though, which is why I started with that. Or just a nice custom S5 with a Z06 motor. I don't like Audi motors turning so many RPM, and they don't have the displacement to loaf around off idle in 4th like I like to. That's about the only thing I miss about my LT1.

Guest Removed
Sure can.

:D

KillJoy

then i would toss it in a aussy torino...you know the one..the mad max car ;)

lexan windows other the the front one. and all the light weight parts they offered for those over there :D

Guest Removed
You need a better drivetrain man! The poor little vw transaxle will puke its guts out the second you drop the clutch!

im pretty sure, we wouldnt be using that fail device behind that engine