OK it's 10:30 am on Monday and I have been searching for the OSU/Michigan thread.

SpaceGhost

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be the quietest Michigan week I have ever witnessed. What gives?

Aside from simply being THE GAME this game has very little additional incentive. Normally there's a Big 10 title or BCS berth on the line. Regardless of the outcome on Saturday OSU will at least share the Big 10 title and still go to the Rose Bowl.

Aside from simply being THE GAME this game has very little additional incentive. Normally there's a Big 10 title or BCS berth on the line. Regardless of the outcome on Saturday OSU will at least share the Big 10 title and still go to the Rose Bowl.

this is true, but I don't know about you or anyone else I don't wanna share the big ten title

Beating TTUN is its own championship. Even if we were playing to see who was going to be dead last.

this is true, but I don't know about you or anyone else I don't wanna share the big ten title

Just wanted to make sure that everyone saw this. First thing the players were saying was that they wanted an outright title. There is always something on the line for this game. Like everyone else already said, it's a rivalry for a reason.

OSU should stomp that team they're playing on Saturday. I just hope Jim allows them to kick their ass and not lay up. If it's a close game because of the pussy ass play calling I'm goanna be pissed.

Its funny to me when people say that...but tressel ball is what wins games. Tressel has a record 92-21 with 8 bowl games in 9 years. Not defending him, but your comments are off point. Could he be a little more aggressive (and he is on the road because at home he ALWAYS is a bit more conservative due to home field advantage and crowd levels etc). Watch the game this weekend and see because he will be a bit more aggressive on Mich...

Should have stuck with Carr their UofM

Yes, second year in a COMPLETELY new program with Virtually all new players from Coach Carr's team. Yes they should have been National Champions this year. :rolleyes: Kinda like how Jim was handed an awesome team already assembled and tripped and fell into his National Championship. Remember your beloved Jim has not won a NC with his players only John Cooper's. Hell he hasn't faired to well ever since Coopers Team in bowl games. And well Cooper didn't fair to well in bowl games either, the difference between Cooper and Jim right now only is: Jim beats Michigan. Lets not get too high on the horse about coaches. :D

Rich has the balls to bring the spread to the Big Ten with SEC type players, it's gonna take some time for the program to get good, I bet by Mr. Forcier's Junior Year, Michigan may cause the departure of Jim. Especially if Jim keeps losing bowl games.

Yes, second year in a COMPLETELY new program with Virtually all new players from Coach Carr's team. Yes they should have been National Champions this year. :rolleyes: Kinda like how Jim was handed an awesome team already assembled and tripped and fell into his National Championship. Remember your beloved Jim has not won a NC with his players only John Cooper's. Hell he hasn't faired to well ever since Coopers Team in bowl games. And well Cooper didn't fair to well in bowl games either, the difference between Cooper and Jim right now only is: Jim beats Michigan. Lets not get too high on the horse about coaches. :D

Rich has the balls to bring the spread to the Big Ten with SEC type players, it's gonna take some time for the program to get good, I bet by Mr. Forcier's Junior Year, Michigan may cause the departure of Jim. Especially if Jim keeps losing bowl games.

At least Carr believed in defense...:rolleyes:

I don't understand your logic of SEC type player, as far as im concerned OSU Michigan PSU all recruit the same top class players as the SEC... Maybe they scheme them differently, heck 3 years ago Michigan beat Florida's spread in the bowl game...

There is far more differences with Coop and Tress, one, 5 big ten championships, two higher win percentage, National title, ect... 7-1 versus Michigan.

Gonna be annihilation tomorrow , muck fichigan

There is far more differences with Coop and Tress, one, 5 big ten championships, two higher win percentage, National title, ect... 7-1 versus Michigan.

SO all that is a byproduct of beating Michigan.

Beat michigan, = more Big Ten Titles

Beat Michigan = Winning more games (higher win percentage)

Beat Michigan = Went to the National Championship Game

Again, it all comes down to Jim Beats Michigan, John did not.

When it comes to the Ohio State-Michigan football rivalry, no head coach involved in the game at least twice has been more successful than Ohio State's Jim Tressel.

Tressel's 7-1 record for an .877 winning percentage ranks No. 1 among 15 men who have coached in the game multiple times.

In fact, the only coaches with better records are Michigan's George Little (1924) and Gustave Ferbert (1897). They won their only games in the series.

Next behind Tressel is Fielding Yost, who led Michigan to a 16-3-1 record (.825) during the early 1900s.

Yost and Ohio State's Woody Hayes have the most victories, with 16 each.

Overall, Michigan leads the series, 57-42-6.

Since Woody Hayes' arrival in Columbus in 1951, Ohio State leads the series, 30-26-2.

copied from this link, and it shows all the coaches records in this series only:

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2009/11/jim_tressels_7-1_record_is_the.html

John Copper:

During his time in Columbus, he never won an outright Big Ten championship, but shared Big Ten titles in 1993, 1996, and 1998. In his 13 seasons at Ohio State Cooper compiled a 111-43-4 won-loss record, second in Ohio State history behind only Woody Hayes.

Overall, Cooper will be remembered for his many victories at Ohio State but also for his 3-8 bowl record and his 2-10-1 record against rival Michigan. His most crippling losses to the Wolverines came in 1993, 1995, and 1996. In 1993, Ohio State entered the game undefeated, ranked #5, and heavily favored, only to be shut out by the Wolverines and denied their first trip to Pasadena in almost 10 years. In 1995, Ohio State lost a #2 ranking, the Big Ten title, and another shot at the Rose Bowl by losing to the Wolverines, 31-23, in Ann Arbor.

In 1996, the Buckeyes smelled revenge in Columbus and were ranked #2, but failed to achieve payback. The gut-wrenching 1996 loss, which came by a 13-9 score, prevented a #2 vs. #3 matchup in the Rose Bowl against Cooper's former team, Arizona State. That team did win the Rose Bowl and finished with a #2 ranking. In 1998, Ohio State again achieved a #2 ranking, winning the Sugar Bowl and again sharing the Big Title.

Jim Tressel:

was hired in 2001 to replace John Cooper. Since becoming Ohio State's 22nd head football coach, his team has played for three National Championships (winning one in 2002), achieving the first 14–0 season record in major college football since Penn went 15–0 in 1897.[1] He has an overall record of 92–21, including six Big Ten Conference championships, a 4–4 bowl record (3–3 in BCS bowl games) and a 7–1 record against archrival Michigan. Tressel's 7 wins against Michigan place him second in school history to Woody Hayes' 16, and alone in Ohio State football history in winning 7 of his first 8 meetings with the Wolverines, as well as being the only Ohio State head coach to win 5 consecutive games against Michigan. and lets not forget 5 Big Ten Titles in a row!