Sunbult Rentals and/or Miller Welders

LJ

My cousin and I rented a Miller 115V Mig welder that we are using to replace a few rusty body panels on my truck. The welder was feeding weird and clogged up the tip. Lowe's only carries Lincoln welders and assc. Will Sunbelt replace the tip for me (I bought the insurance) or does anyone know where you can buy Miller parts in Columbus?

i dont think tips and wire and stuff are covered...but you should have extra tips any way..

or the liner is bad

There aren't any extra tips on the inside where the wire goes. That's no problem if they don't cover tips, problem is, I can't find the Miller tips at Lowe's, Home Depot, or Sears. I don't mind paying a few bucks, but damn, I can't have my truck squeezed into my garage with missing body panels while waiting for a tip to come from somewhere. I'm gonna call them in the morning to see if they have any at the store, but my main concern is finding a store that has them.

Plus, it took like 10 minutes to get the damn thing to even start feeding. Then it would clog the tip every few minutes, but usually it was small enough to pull out with pliers or knock out with a thin nail. The last time it clogged, it was probably about .25" thick and we couldn't get it out. I mean, I think I know what my cousin is doing with a welder, he works at a custom hot rod shop in NJ specifically replacing body panels.

Guest Removed

well, if your running .025 wire..run a .030 tip...make sure to use nozzle jelly etc...

as long as the tips have the same thread and length you should be good!

air gas has Lincoln stuff in stock

well, if your running .025 wire..run a .030 tip...make sure to use nozzle jelly etc...

as long as the tips have the same thread and length you should be good!

air gas has Lincoln stuff in stock

Yeah I dunno any of that stuff. He was saying the Lincoln tips have the wrong thread for the Millers. I think on the Miller website it said that air gas sells Miller, is it a pretty easy place to get to and have helpful people? Of course I am the one who has to go get the replacement.

Guest Removed
Yeah I dunno any of that stuff. He was saying the Lincoln tips have the wrong thread for the Millers. I think on the Miller website it said that air gas sells Miller, is it a pretty easy place to get to and have helpful people? Of course I am the one who has to go get the replacement.

miller, they have them all....

get a 5 pack while your there...you dont have to make 2 trips..i know the one on greenlawn is always pretty cool with me

miller, they have them all....

get a 5 pack while your there...you dont have to make 2 trips..i know the one on greenlawn is always pretty cool with me

How much they usually run?

Oh, and while really searching around where the wire spool goes, I found an old rusty tip...and my cousin is going to kill me because I bumped the spool and lost like 15 feet of wire that shot off then broke, lol.

This is why we stopped renting our MIG out at work. It's too damn difficult to maintain when some other person is using it. Not to mention, every hillbilly from Laurelville seemed determined to kink the cable.

(Not calling you a Hillbilly from Laurelville. :) )