My son made varsity bowling...

Buck531

Right now he has the highest average over 6 games with a 199.66. That was good enough for put him on the top varsity spot at Gahanna:).

Not bad for a 16 year old. I'm pretty proud of him.

I know some of you think bowling is a joke, but to him, it means the world to him. I'm glad I got him into something that he can actually be proud of.

Congrats, make sure he knows you're proud of him and that's all that matters.

I did a little bit of everything in middle school and high school because I didn't know what I wanted to do,lol. Soccer, golf, cross country, football, etc, but it was all good tiems.

Right now he has the highest average over 6 games with a 199.66. That was good enough for put him on the top varsity spot at Gahanna:).

Not bad for a 16 year old. I'm pretty proud of him.

I know some of you think bowling is a joke, but to him, it means the world to him. I'm glad I got him into something that he can actually be proud of.

CONGRATS!

i used to be on the olentangy varsity team, till i realised that the coaches are dickheads. scamming me for money. dont get me wrong, i still bowled in 2 leages a week for several years. if i had the time id be in one now, i love bowling.

You should have spent that time in English class!

199.6 average at 16?? Jesus that's impressive! Is his average better than yours?

-Marc

His Saturday morning league though 30ish games was 175 or so. Right now.. yeah.. better than what I'm bowling. For some reason I can't do shit on the lanes. Probably distracted cause I'm working Friday nights and I'm constantly doing shit with my laptop and not concentrating on bowling. Oh well.

Sweet! That'll definitelly give him first dibs on bowling alley trim. ;)

Seriously, though, that's pretty cool. I enjoy bowling, well, all sports/competitive things. It's nice to find something you excel at that's not only fun but can make you a little money down the road, as well. Hell, he can probably get a scholarship for it. Do they do that for bowling?

Sweet! That'll definitelly give him first dibs on bowling alley trim. ;)

Seriously, though, that's pretty cool. I enjoy bowling, well, all sports/competitive things. It's nice to find something you excel at that's not only fun but can make you a little money down the road, as well. Hell, he can probably get a scholarship for it. Do they do that for bowling?

Yeah there are a few scholarships out there. I think one is $1000 and the other is $500.

I remember back a few years ago when he was in middle school his teachers asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. His response "pro bowler". :).

Last year he was averaging 130-140. Now he's a good 180-200 average bowler. I bought him a new ball this past summer and it made a huge difference in his bowling.