Spotted: Tripleskate

TTQ B4U

Nice ride my friend. Looking at you really makes me feel old too :o We left OSU-N at the same time it seems. Just wasn't sure if you recognized my plate/car.

For the record, you are definitely the most speed limit conscious person on CR that I know :D Good for you. I play with fate but that's life. Bring it on New Albany!

Nice ride my friend. Looking at you really makes me feel old too :o We left OSU-N at the same time it seems. Just wasn't sure if you recognized my plate/car.

For the record, you are definitely the most speed limit conscious person on CR that I know :D Good for you. I play with fate but that's life. Bring it on New Albany!

LOL, that is by far the nicest way you could have put that. I saw him on Sunbury road the other day, and thought to myself, "Damn, he drives like a fucking pussy" lol.

Nice car though.

Not only that, he ices the cake with BLUE calipers and sprinkles stickers on it to finish the look.

That picture is old, Dick. :D My Calipers are black and a few of the stickers have come off.

Nice seeing you today Tim, fwiw I felt like I was driving "fast" to try and catch up with you. Usually I drive slow(er) than hell.

LOL, that is by far the nicest way you could have put that. I saw him on Sunbury road the other day, and thought to myself, "Damn, he drives like a fucking pussy" lol.

Nice car though.

I thought I recognized you! Didn't you do a ricer fly-by on Me? I heard your turbo as you jutted past me. Sorry I drive the Speed limit. :cool:

Double.

to each his own I guess?

No shit.

That picture is old, Dick. :D My Calipers are black and a few of the stickers have come off.

Nice seeing you today Tim, fwiw I felt like I was driving "fast" to try and catch up with you. Usually I drive slow(er) than hell.

haha, I actually like the wheels, very unique. Black calipers are the way to go, painted my wifes black and they look great.

Said the car looked good, and I meant it.

PS, you really do drive amazingly slow. haha

I thought I recognized you! Didn't you do a ricer fly-by on Me? I heard your turbo as you jutted past me. Sorry I drive the Speed limit. :cool:

Double.

haha, that was me. No fly by, I just drive decently fast. Usually 55 on sunbury rd. I was hoping you were up for some "spirited" driving though. Now I realize that you were pushing your comfort zone going the speed limit!!!!! haha

My Friends give me major shit about it but I'm very concious of everything happening on the road around me. I'm paranoid that some dumb motherfucker is gonna hit my car one day and I'll go apeshit on them. I don't want to be responsible for the ensuing blood bath. Also, don't want to give the Police a reason to pull me over and cite me for "Speeding, reckless op, loud exhaust, tint" or whatever else they can imagine! Besides, I save driving fast for the occasional abondoned road/AutoX.

Tim, your Speed sounds amazing! It makes me wish I wasn't an idiot and found a higher miles Speed3 and picked that up instead!

My Friends give me major shit about it but I'm very concious of everything happening on the road around me. I'm paranoid that some dumb motherfucker is gonna hit my car one day and I'll go apeshit on them. I don't want to be responsible for the ensuing blood bath. Also, don't want to give the Police a reason to pull me over and cite me for "Speeding, reckless op, loud exhaust, tint" or whatever else they can imagine! Besides, I save driving fast for the occasional abondoned road/AutoX.

Tim, your Speed sounds amazing! It makes me wish I wasn't an idiot and found a higher miles Speed3 and picked that up instead!

Its totally understandable. I wish I had the self control to drive like that, honestly. Just giving you some shit.

There is another 3 hatch around westerville that I used to see, it was debadged front and rear, was that you before you painted your wheels? used to see it coming from spring/tussic onto maxtown a lot earlier this year.

Was it black? Then probably Me. I work at Polaris, so that area is always a hotspot for me. Next time you see Me, wave or something! It's always cool to see more CR members on the road. Lets see here, I had my wheels the OEM finish for a while and got bored, then went a grey/gunmetal color,

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/tripleskate/DSC02166.jpg

then finally where I'm at now, green.

Was it black? Then probably Me. I work at Polaris, so that area is always a hotspot for me. Next time you see Me, wave or something! It's always cool to see more CR members on the road. Lets see here, I had my wheels the OEM finish for a while and got bored, then went a grey/gunmetal color,

then finally where I'm at now, green.

It was probably you. I'll do another ricer fly by and then wave next time I see you. :bangbang:

See you around.

Thanks :thumbup: I did a couple 4th gear pulls jumping around that one car and the POS truck.

I commend you for driving with caution. It took every bit of control not to whip around that Bath Fitter van going 45mph exactly. If it wasn't a construction zone, I'd have been around him without thinking.

BTW....the exhaust....bone stock :cool:

Flyby.....I had to laugh at the SVT Focus with his louvered hood and 6000 rpm revs on 270. I pulled on him like he was my bastard stepchild. He wouldn't line up with me on Sawmill but did proceed to do a flyby :rolleyes:

Thanks :thumbup: I did a couple 4th gear pulls jumping around that one car and the POS truck.

I commend you for driving with caution. It took every bit of control not to whip around that Bath Fitter van going 45mph exactly. If it wasn't a construction zone, I'd have been around him without thinking.

BTW....the exhaust....bone stock :cool:

Flyby.....I had to laugh at the SVT Focus with his louvered hood and 6000 rpm revs on 270. I pulled on him like he was my bastard stepchild. He wouldn't line up with me on Sawmill but did proceed to do a flyby :rolleyes:

What gear is the "money" gear in the MS3? My GTI LOVES 3rd gear. Too bad winding it out puts you way over the highway speed limits.

What gear is the "money" gear in the MS3? My GTI LOVES 3rd gear. Too bad winding it out puts you way over the highway speed limits.

Boost is limited in 1st and 2nd. As it is she'll spin all the way through 2nd so that's a good thing.

3rd and 4th however are full boost gears. Rolls start at 40mph in 3rd which is dead on at 3,000rpms. Full boost, turbo spooling from a 40 and she'll pull through 3-4-5 to 120mph with ease. Key is to short-shift at 5,800rpm to avoid the flat zone of power where the ECM protects the KO4 from cooking itself.

Days like today, cool with damp roads suck though as WOT is still useless in them.

Boost is limited in 1st and 2nd. As it is she'll spin all the way through 2nd so that's a good thing.

3rd and 4th however are full boost gears. Rolls start at 40mph in 3rd which is dead on at 3,000rpms. Full boost, turbo spooling from a 40 and she'll pull through 3-4-5 to 120mph with ease. Key is to short-shift at 5,800rpm to avoid the flat zone of power where the ECM protects the KO4 from cooking itself.

Days like today, cool with damp roads suck though as WOT is still useless in them.

Yeah, I read about the limited 1/2 gears. I always wondered why they didn't just lower the redline on the MS3?

The GTI pulls nicely in 2nd, but 3rd is definitely my favorite.

try 2nd gear an feather it out or get better tires itll pull harder ... i 40 roll in 2nd at 4k but then again i have traction even on street tires :)

try 2nd gear an feather it out or get better tires itll pull harder ... i 40 roll in 2nd at 4k but then again i have traction even on street tires :)

you're a 5spd right? the MS3 is a 6spd. at 40mph I can't imagine 2nd. remember, for best results the MS3 needs to shift at 5800rpm, not the 6700 redline. Power goes flat above 5800. the one thing I don't like about the car is it takes 3 gears to cross 60mph.

you're a 5spd right? the MS3 is a 6spd. at 40mph I can't imagine 2nd. remember, for best results the MS3 needs to shift at 5800rpm, not the 6700 redline. Power goes flat above 5800. the one thing I don't like about the car is it takes 3 gears to cross 60mph.

Is that for bragging rights (0-60 times)? or because of the actual number of shifts?

There are tons of "performance" cars that either benefit or get hurt by the number of times the have to shift in the measured performance stats like 0-60. I don't really see it as anything but bragging rights though.

ahhh i didnt know it was a 6 speed never mind.

an wait... your redlines at 6700 yet you shift at 5800..????? an what do you mean teh power goes flat? doo tell there sir