Wheel bearing issues 01 corolla

Big A

I have a 01 corolla that I got on 10-11-08. The dealer replaced the right wheel bearings before I bought the car and I have had it replaced 3 times nows. The left wheel bearings need replaced so thats getting fixed too. I don't really care as the extended warranty(Coast Guard) and the dealer has been paying for most of it. In the 13 months of owning the car I have put 20,000 miles on the car.

Is there any known/common issues with wheel bearings on these cars?

Any ideas what would be causing them to go bad so fast? Installer?

As the warranty will be up soon should I just traid it in and get something new or should the dealer be responsible since it has been replaced 4 times in 13 months/20,000 times?

did they replace teh hub it was on? i had a wheel bearing go out replaced it an didnt put the cotter pin in so it went out again but this time i drove on it for a bit oops. an it tore up the hub. put a new one on a wala fixed an good. might wanna see if the hub just is too chewed up

did they replace teh hub it was on? i had a wheel bearing go out replaced it an didnt put the cotter pin in so it went out again but this time i drove on it for a bit oops. an it tore up the hub. put a new one on a wala fixed an good. might wanna see if the hub just is too chewed up

I will have to ask but you think after the first 2 or so times they would have checked that.

I don't know of any common issues, but I'm thinking there is something else going on. The dealer won't be responsible if you're looking for a lemon law type thing.

I see, I wasn't sure since it is has been replaced it so many times.

its probably the installer if you don't back up that kind of bearing right when you press it in they don't last long

That is what I was guess. The guy asked me is i did autocross in the car :lol: I guess it is time to start looking for a new car.