Stock traders inside...

AWW$HEEET

Who ya got? What platform do you use? Scottrade.com here....

C, WFC, BAC, FITB are my short-mid term picks, as well as F, GS.

I see the market being possible a tad oversold right now, but I also think there are alot of people who were burned bad in 08, so there is tons of $ on the sidelines. (I.E. funds and people who wont get back in until signs of danger are GONE). I think one more thing to watch for is the return of crazy inflation. Im not to positive on how to shield against this, which is something I am interested in. Whether this be through precious metals, other currencies, etc. The dollar will weaken with all of this nonsense with the Fed leaving interest rates so low, for so long.

Meh. I'm not overly impressed with those. I'm honestly not impressed with any of those companies, and now is definitely not the time to buy Ford (f). I guess time will tell, but that's why I like penny stocks. 10% happens daily, and all you gotta do is plan ahead a little and get in line.

I'm also in C and FITB for mid to long right now with most of my cash. Was in URI for the big part of its rebound from last years lows. I played on the news of C a couple times last spring and made 20-30% gains a couple times, but now I think its time to ride the banks back to normal with the long term money. Likely our income tax return will go into one of them again this year, since its money that isn't required, we use it for savings.

I'm optimistic that the markets can only go up from here so really any reputable company is a good play at this point. If the health care passes in all its glory I'm sure there will be a major downside in medical/related companies for awhile. Thats the only thing I'd stay clear of till it gets sorted.

Also if anyones got some cash and wants a good long BA (boeing) has been moving up again and has a lot of upward potential.

As for penny stocks I like them, I play SIRIUS all the time and grab 6-15% here and there, but its special because its so heavily watched by the news. Its downside is massive debt and its attached to the automotive industry by the hip now. I still think if nothing else gets in their way though they should move up, but I"m not putting money in them at the moment because I feel they are overpriced or at least priced to high for now due to cash for clunkers skewing sales of units. I'm hoping to jump on it again in late winter/spring when 2010 reports are coming out as long as the price goes down or remains the same.

im going to throw one out there. Diamond Hill Investments (Dhil). It closed at $68.36 today and trust me, it has $200 in it. It peaked at 113 in april of 08 i believe. I bought a hot load of them when they were $3 a share. Its a very solid choice in my book.

i have a few that i put a little bit of money into about a month ago, and all but 1 are down, quite a bit. lol. i failed.

shoulda just put the $ into my savings and left it, but i felt like a little gamble. plus, i only dropped about 1k total

FITB, ARMH, AUDC, SIRI, AGEN, BAC

im going to throw one out there. Diamond Hill Investments (Dhil). It closed at $68.36 today and trust me, it has $200 in it. It peaked at 113 in april of 08 i believe. I bought a hot load of them when they were $3 a share. Its a very solid choice in my book.

Thats a cols company, actually down in the arena district.

It's good to see some market participants in here. :thumbup:

As a licensed broker, I've done some work with Diamond Hill through their fund business. If you don't have a lot of excess cash to put into the market, I've recommended ETF's and UIT's to people, depending on timeframe (UIT's are closed-end, so you need to keep your investment tied up until the 4-year maturity date).

I'm also still a big believer of dividend-paying stocks and funds, if you want to go long.

Short-term players, are you guys doing options, or long-short funds?

zero question, if I was allowed to short financials I'd probably do so too. This is a classic bull trap. Only time I questioned myself was when I thought about shorting GLD at 1050, but I decided not to play in sectors I have no experience with which saved me...

Watch for the pullback all these hedge funds are locking up profits for the year.

"the only people that get hurt on a roller coaster are the ones that try to get off"

Eh, false?

So, if i started with zero positions and 100% cash position in March of 09, started investing and pulled out now, I would be getting hurt? The only thing that would hurt, would be the capital gains tax at this point....

Oh yeah, well my stock jumped 100% today, then came back down, and I had it timed just right. If only I had $10k in it AFTER the market crashed, and not before I'd be getting some new toys. I'll still take the couple hundred bucks. Boo ya!

It's good to see some market participants in here. :thumbup:

As a licensed broker, I've done some work with Diamond Hill through their fund business. If you don't have a lot of excess cash to put into the market, I've recommended ETF's and UIT's to people, depending on timeframe (UIT's are closed-end, so you need to keep your investment tied up until the 4-year maturity date).

I'm also still a big believer of dividend-paying stocks and funds, if you want to go long.

Short-term players, are you guys doing options, or long-short funds?

Options should be left to people who want to lose money or to people who know what they are doing.

As or how I trade, I am a swing trader mostly and sometimes I pull day trades. I put a list on my PDA/phone and make the trades on there while I'm working my day job. I trade stocks, no funds really. They aren't worth it unless your going long and even then I'd be inclined to only buy into them when the markets are down (such as now) then cash out when everythings peaked. Holding on to long is the fatal mistake most people make.