For the Busa naysayers

SAMBUSA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen guys on 14s and Busas do a great job in the twisties. Hell, I have seen a buddy on an ST1100 (yes, older one) hand some youngin's their asses on sportbikes...

Point is it is the rider. I will say that these bikes are big and heavy. They are VERY fast and can be tuned to be destroyers. But, while they handle great for their size and dimensions, they aren't what a 1000, 750 or 600 is in terms of agility and cornering ability.

That being said, we have had guys on ZX12, 14s, and Busas show the kids on proper track toys the way around the track at a high pace. I think you all are crazy, but at the same time, it leaves me smiling to see someone riding well on a bike not first thought of when you talk race track...

The guy on the goldwings handle over on ADV is yellow wolf and he runs a video taping business at the gap. he will follow you thru for a fee and video tape the trip.

Be warned that isn't your daddy's goldwing, lots of suspension work. He is an interesting character to say the least.

It's the bike I dreamed about owning ever since it came out when I was in high school.

I have one now, and it's everything I thought it would be and more. People can hate on it all they want, doesn't bother me one bit. It's awful hard to hear them when I'm miles ahead of their running mouths. ;)

I really hate those damn Busas.:lol:

I was actually a Honda guy in the mid-late 90's. I rode a 900rr in the late 90's when I seen the write up about the new Hayabusa that was comming out.. I thought WOW that thing looks sweet.. Then I got married and bought 3 different Harleys.. Got rid of the wife and the moped powered yachts called Harleys both at the same time.. FINALLY was able to get my dream bike 8 years after I read that article. Here is what I have found out since buying my Busa..

1.) Glad I didn't buy one in 99.. I was not in the right mindset to respect this bike.

2.) I have road more than 20 600+ mile 1 day trips on both Harleys(Dyna Wide Glide, Std Softtail, Heritage Springer) and my Hayabusa. My busa left me in way better shape after those long rides then all 3 of my Harleys.

3.) I choose the Busa for long distance rides PERIOD. That and the fact Im by no means a small man. I rode my brothers gsxr 600 and after an hour I knew it was not the bike for me. The ride angles are just to much for me. I could just as easy be riding an Blackbird, ZX12 or ZX14 for that matter. Hell my next bike might be a Concours 14, FJR1300, or an ST1300..

4.) Got to love Suzuki marketing and how they SAY they came up with the Hayabusa name.. True or not it is a good story..

Hayabusa is the common name for the Japanese peregrine falcon, a small hawk traditionally used for ceremonial hunting. Capable of flying in a straight line at over 100 MPH and diving at speeds at over 187 MPH, the HAYABUSA is the world's fastest-flying bird and one of the animal kingdom's mighty predators.

Diving towards its prey, the HAYABUSA reaches high speed effortlessly. It was such effortless flight that inspired Suzuki's designers. The HAYABUSA secret, they realized, is not just sheer power, but superb aerodynamic efficiency combined with power. The HAYABUSA is so fast, it is rarely photographed hunting.

The answer came to a young member of the Suzuki engineering team on a family wilderness outing that weekend. Walking along a trail, the engineer spotted

a streak in the sky, high above the trees lining nearby cliffs. Startled, he watched as it swooped at an impossible rate of speed, then turned and whirled back over the treetops. He recognized it as an indigenous falcon the Japanese call Hayabusa. It is not the biggest bird in Japan, nor is it the

strongest bird in Japan. But the Hayabusa has a unique ability to cut through the wind to reach top speeds over 300 kph (186 mph).

As he watched, the engineer reflected upon the fact that the Hayabusa does not spend its entire day at 300 kph. But the ability to slice through the air at such a high rate of speed makes its normal flight seem effortless.

Effortless performance! Suddenly, the engineer knew he had the key to designing the advanced machine the product planners wanted! Make it able to slice through the air like a Hayabusa, and normal performance would be almost effortless. As he reached for his notebook, the engineer was already

sketching the new machine in his mind.

It would be the most aerodynamic Suzuki ever built.

And it would be called Hayabusa.

That's sharp! It's ashame they can't turn, I mean I even wonder why the hell they put steering heads on these things and don't just bolt the forks to the frame. The biggest pain in the ass about owning one of these this be is having to get off and pick the ass end up and swing it around so the bike points in the right direction so I can go straight down the road again :lol:

Ill stop whoring it up , but you can do someting with these to make them not so butt ugly and shave 30lb's or more !! duc tails go realy well with the tank shape and they are big soooo, it flows LOL . I like them, i just CANNOT be confused with the influx of new riders and all the chrome polishing sheep !!!

2rdufyd.jpg

Edited by Catman

That's sharp! It's ashame they can't turn, I mean I even wonder why the hell they put steering heads on these things and don't just bolt the forks to the frame. The biggest pain in the ass about owning one of these this be is having to get off and pick the ass end up and swing it around so the bike points in the right direction so I can go straight down the road again :lol:

I ran one at putnum, and couldn't wait to get off it, but it turned as good as my 94fzr1,000 and weighed about the same 500+lbs.