f-body ls1 single turbo kit

nastyss

i am looking at installing a single turbo on my 98 ls1, but i need some help turbos are kind of new to me. first of all i really don't know what turbo unit to use for the best power, t3/t4 , t44, t61 etc... some spool up faster, and some are limited to maxium boost. I don't know which one is better for my application. my engine is a 6.0 iron block 408 stroker with mahle pistons, eagle crank & rods. the crank has been knife cut. it has 6.0L heads that have been cnc, and then went back and have been hand worked. the cr is 9.9. the car went 10.98 on all motor. I was told that the botom end is able to handle 1000+ hp and should be able to handle 20-25lbs of boost. i was wanting to buy a turbo kit if someone knew one for sale. or after looking around alot of people are building one's out of truck manifolds and making a kit themselves. so if anybody has any input on either the truck manifold kits, or know where one is for sale, even if anybody can let me know if my engine can handle that much boost,and what turbo unit to use.

kentuckyturbo.com

ask 1slowz28. steve he is doing one of their kits right now.

they use 6.l manis and either a 80 88 91 charger

id recomend you to a 88mm

they also have great deals on the turbos, wg and bovs

or you can check with the guy on here that stocks the master power brand. or his own.

check out his 78 mm great price and would support you at 1000 hp. so would a 76mm. but larger is better so you can run less boost to get same power

There are going to be quite a few f bodys making the move to turbo. i love it. and you will too!!!

the ky turbo kits are intercooled. id recomend you use a watermeth inj kit. because of you compression, or 116 at high boost levels

or just switch to e85 and save about 1000 a season over 116

this is the kit you should get. way better size chargers to make 1000 with

6.0L Manifold Based:

S85, S88, or S91 Turbo

TurboSmart 50mm WG

TurboSmart 50mm BOV

2.5” Mild steel Charge pipe

-NB O2 Bungs

4” Mild Steel DP

-WB O2 Bung

-Muffler Optional

3” Aluminum Cold Side pipes

24”x12”x4” Air to Air FMIC Standard

-Front Bumper Mounted Air to Water Intercooler Optional

$5800 for the A2A

$6900 for the A2W

Don’t expect the stock radiator to fit. Be prepared to go to a small double pass unit or modify the core support to stand a radiator up vertical. New A/C compression lines and condenser mounting will re required by the end user.

Options:

-Alternator Relocation Bracket $125

-Oil Feed and Drain lines $110

-Pusher Fan setup $250

-Aftermarket Radiator $250

-Stainless Steel Pipes +$500

Kentucky turbo has made more of the truck manifold kits than anyone to date and does a "decent" job.

IPS is definitely a good local option.

Search my user name in the build area. I can get you a kit like mine, it will cost more than the Kentucky turbo kit but it is much nicer.

STAY AWAY FROM OHIO FORCED INDUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joel has ripped off a lot of people.

with an engine that size you it would be wise to get a T6 flanged turbo, to much backpressure with a t4 or smaller which could cause head gasket problems.

you might be able to push 20-25psi but you will need allot of maintenance and up keep, wont be cheep. also you'll need to run some higher octane fuel with that compression if you use over 10psi (estimating, individual results will very)

what are your goals of the car? that will be the deciding factor on what you need.

Those Kentucky Turbo kits looks like shit considering what they sell them for. Also fairly simple too...Im building my own kit for about half that or even less. I will be doing all the cuts, mock up and tac welds myself. Then have someone else do the final welding for me.